Double Clicking Malware issue?

I've had this problem in the past but I can't remember how to fix it, it was malware or viral previously. I have a rough idea that it occured two days ago while I was looking for a .dll file via a site for DirectX I am aware that I downloaded something, which I didn't install I just moved it to the trash, and this double clicking has been going on since then. I found this thread: 

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/233643-mouse-double-clicking-problem/ 

I started the process of the instructions given to this member but now I am stuck at the part where it says download the file called fixlist.txt. I am not sure where or how to download it. I shall attach the two files I have so far. Oh also worth a mention that I ran the Malwarebytes program but it hasn't detected anything. I really work better with picture instructions if that's possible. 

Addition.txt FRST.txt

Hi @kimabc3,

Thanks for providing the logs. There are no signs of any malware present.

Could you elaborate a little more on the issue please. Are you experiencing a double-click every time you single-click? Are there any other issues occurring?

Have you tried testing a different mouse to see if the fault lies there?
Does this behaviour occur in Safe Mode?

Hello Liquid Tension, 

Thank you for your reply. For the elaboration part, it is spontaneously double clicking on the left and right buttons, mostly double clicks, for example if I right clicked to activate the cursor in a box to type it would highlight an entire page as if I was wanting to copy text. If I click the cursor mid sentence to correct a typo instead of the cursor moving to where the point is it again highlights an entire page. It happen in the internet and when opening files/folders.  

I do not have another mouse to test but I have been using this mouse on another PC and I am not getting this double clicking problem on that PC. 

I assumed it to be some kind of infection since my machine had started lagging on booting up, and programs have started taking a long time to open. As I mentioned in my first post that I've had a malware or virus like this before in the past and when this problem occured last week, I was reading something on the internet and suddenly a tab opened up on it's own and a file downloaded to my pc, it downloaded so fast that I had no chance to cancel it, but I just moved it to the trash. I had to close my browser down because the tab that opened itself creating a download caused my entire browsers to freeze up, but you seem to read in my logs I have no infection? 

Thanks for the information. Did you also check if the same behaviour occurs in Safe Mode?

We can run a couple of on-demand scans to check further (though I do suspect the cause lies with a particular configuration on your computer rather than malware/adware).

Please work your way through the following:

Ky7CZ60.png Malwarebytes Threat Scan with Rootkit Scanning

• Open Malwarebytes.
  • Click the Settings menu followed by the Protection tab.
  • Scroll down to Scan Options and turn the Scan for rootkits setting on.
  • Click the Dashboard menu.
  • Click Scan Now.
  • If threats are detected, ensure all items are FSHHv35.png checked at the end of the scan and click Quarantine Selected.
  • If you are prompted to restart, click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan or after the reboot, click the Export Summary button.
  • Click Text File (.txt).
  • Click Desktop in the sidebar on the left.
  • Give the report a file name and click Save.
  • Click OK followed by Close.
  • Attach the report (found on your Desktop) in your next reply.

h3qKPnn.png Malwarebytes AdwCleaner

• Please download Malwarebytes AdwCleaner using the link below.
    https://toolslib.net/downloads/finish/1/
  • Right-click h3qKPnn.png adwcleaner_7.#.#.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator to run the program.
  • Click I AGREE if you consent to the EULA.
  • Click Settings. Scroll down to Reset Winsock and turn the setting off ?name=inline1686760848.png.
  • Click Dashboard followed by Scan Now.
  • Upon completion, if no threats are detected, click Skip Basic Repair and skip to the last bullet point below.
  • If items are detected, click Clean & Repair.
  • Ensure all open work is saved and closed. Click Clean & Restart Now when prompted.
  • Note: This will automatically reboot your computer.
  • After the reboot, AdwCleaner will open. Close the program.
  • A log named UdawJ7P.png AdwCleaner[C0].txt will be saved in the following folder: C:\AdwCleaner\Logs. Please attach the log in your next reply.

vvtBuK7.png ESET Online Scan

• Please download ESET Online Scan using the link below.
    http://download.eset.com/special/eos/esetonlinescanner_enu.exe
  • Double-click vvtBuK7.png esetonlinescanner_enu.exe to run the program.
  • Click Accept.
  • Place a checkmark next to Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced settings. Place a checkmark next to Enable detection of potentially unsafe applications.
  • adyKmya.png Important: Ensure Clean threats automatically is unchecked.
  • Click Scan.
  • Allow the virus signature database to download.
  • Wait for the scan to finish. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • Upon completion, click List of found threats.
  • Click Export to text file…, name the file and save to your Desktop.
  • Click Back.
  • Note: If no threats were found, there will be no list of found threats or log to save.
  • Place a checkmark next to Delete application’s data on close and click Finish.
  • Click the ‘X’ in the upper right corner to close the window.
  • Please attach the file in your next reply.
Edited by LiquidTension

Hello and thank you again for your reply, I haven't checked anything in safe mode yet, I am quite new to Windows 10 and I am still figuring out how to navigate it. I am sure I can do a quick google search to find out how to start up in safe mode, but before I do any scans, do these programs require me to only run them in safe mode or do I scan first? I ask because on my Windows 7 I couldn't run safe mode with an internet connection. Of course I can download everything first and then reboot in safe mode if required. 

Hello,

The scans can be performed in Normal Mode. They're intended to double-check for the presence of malware/adware.

Booting into Safe Mode is just to check if you experience the same double-click behaviour or not in that environment. You don't need to perform the 3 scans there.

Here are instructions on booting into Safe Mode:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks