Need for Speed 2 SE false positive ?

rhmccullough

Yesterday I downloaded this game from pccgames.xyz. Install was halted with two .exe files in C:/Users/rhmcc/AppData/Local/Temp quarantined as PUP.BundleInstaller.

Subsequent scans show some other categories of malware (screenshot of recent quarantined items is attached).

The downloaded file is a .zip file which contains a .iso file which contains only the .exe install file.

I saw a Forum entry from a couple of years ago which concluded that the "Need for Speed Underground" game suffered from Malwarebytes false positives.

I want to know if "Need for Speed 2 SE" is also experiencing false positives?

If not, is there any way to determine how dangerous these PUP files are?

quarantine.pdf

Hello,

These are valid detections. Some of them are very dangerous, including spyware. If they were properly executed, you can be sure that your data has been compromised and sent to the servers of bad guys. That includes all history of your browsers, passwords, desktop screenshot, bitcoin wallets etc.

Edited by TwinHeadedEagle