bshort1023

Windows Servers Not Detected

I have multiple Windows Servers (Server 2012 R2).  Most are not detected when scanning from the Console on the Client Push Install tab.  Some are.  Are there any server settings that are required to be detectable from the Console?

Thanks,

bshort1023

Hey Bshort! Welcome to Malwarebytes business forums

We do have some recommendations and requirements on servers as and endpoints as well as deployment from the console in general.

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1723

Check out pages 4,5 and 6

Let us know if you have any questions or trouble with deployment with these in place?

Thanks for the reply.  I checked those settings and they all appear to be correct.  .net 3.5 is installed and File and Print Sharing are both on.  I have opened a case with support.  I will post back results of the case.

Bill

Usually with servers, it's best to use the Windows Admin account as the logon for the push tool rather than your domain admin creds. Temporarily enable it if you have it off, and give it a password. Even when you are the AD admin, often times that is not enough to give the push tool the ability to access the another server.

Tech support was not able to identify why the console cannot contact some of my servers.  What we ended up doing is creating installer packages and from the console and installing it on each server individually.  Not ideal but it should work.

Posted (edited)

Ah man, I was hoping that could help explain. MBMC's push tool uses netbios protocol, it can send the query out to the machines on other subnets, but without a WINS server role in place, the client's response will never make it back to the MBMC server.

From that MBMC server, are you able to open a net use share from cmd on the target server?

Edited by djacobson