David H. Lipman

Number of downloads display not always working

Recently a Forum 'ware update brought back the enumeration of downloads for a given attachment.

However sometimes it works but often it doesn't and the attachment just shows "Fetching info.." with the results not being obtained.

Image.jpg.2684cd04da1969643415311687447cb5.jpgImage1.jpg.76012c639b791531a6074dbdbb07b3ce.jpgImage2.jpg.471f6fdfb49cab17c741e1122e82d043.jpg

Apparently, it is no longer physically shown on the page. Seems you have to now hover over the file to see its details.

sample_attachment_fixlist2.jpg

This is what I see now

Your issue appears to be that the system is taking an inordinate amount of time retrieving the information about the media. I'll report to IPS

Posted (edited)

Maybe... Maybe not.

This is from your posted example.

Image.jpg.1994ed414082c2d782795e19a3933689.jpg

This is a from an attachment in a PM stream.   The enumeration of downloads was immediate upon reading the PM and upon a refresh of viewing the thread after I downloaded the attachment.

befiore.jpg.312b34ced92a8ed2d5519c4b8c9d32fc.jpgafter.jpg.4e3986e7d7a84e09f04a9bd3c09b70fd.jpg

Thank you Ron.

EDIT:

This may have dependencies upon Browser versions.

Two different Firefox versions get different results.

Edited by David H. Lipman

Is anyone else able to duplicate/confirm the issue David is having? Maybe your ISP? or some other type of DNS or speed issue? What about if using a VPN to another location?

11 minutes ago, AdvancedSetup said:

What about Chrome,IE, Edge, or Opera?

IE11

• When not logged-in I get "Unavailable". 
  • When logged-in the number of downloads is properly enumerated.

Possibly some plugin you're using in Firefox is either masking or helping to create this issue?

Can you try starting FF in Safe Mode and see if it happens

Safe Mode - same results.

If an attachment download is enumerated in a PM and not in a sub-forum post, that points to Forum 'ware coding inconsistency.

Why would an attachment in a PM be treated differently than an attachment in a sub-forum thread?

That query would be the beginning point to a resolution.

Posted (edited)

Yes, but unless I read you wrong, this is not happening in IE so....that sure points a finger at some setting with Firefox. I get unavailable as a guest too which is normal

Edited by AdvancedSetup
updated information