Version Update.

5 hours ago, adas said:

Wondering you have enable beta updates.

Hello @adas:

Yes.  I do and I must have chosen Settings -> General -> Beta Application Updates to be ticked long ago and it has carried from then till now.

I am not yet seeing a clear distinction between a release and a beta in the UI.

I wonder if @treed can confirm that 4.2.11 is a beta.

HTH

Edited by 1PW

• Staff
10 hours ago, 1PW said:

I wonder if @treed can confirm that 4.2.11 is a beta.

Yes, 4.2.11 is technically in beta, but it's highly likely this will also be the release version, delivered to you a couple days early. :)

Normally, I would have posted something in the Mac beta forum, but I've been in meetings at a company Mac summit for the last couple days and haven't had time to get it done. There's not a lot different, other than the new availability of automatic updates. This is on by default, and will install updates automatically in the future as long as left enabled. You can turn it off in the settings if you'd like to be more in control, but we're hoping this will (eventually) help with the long tail of machines where folks never install the updates, and are not as well protected as a result.

• 1 month later...

Hello All:

My MBP11,3, running macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287), had Malwarebytes for Mac automatically updated early 10-April-2020 from v4.3.35.3517 to v4.3.36.3518  - 4.0.470.

No reboot was required and a manual scan time took the usual amount of time for the usual number of objects.  The app's signature/certificate verify okay.

Thank you once again for the updates team!

Edited by 1PW

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All:

Last week, my MBP11,3, running macOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287), had Malwarebytes for Mac automatically/silently update on 23-April-2020 from v4.3.36.3518 to v4.4.11.3637

No reboot was required and a manual scan today took a few seconds longer to scan.  The app's signature/certificate verify okay.

Reference: https://support.malwarebytes.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047403853-Malwarebytes-for-Mac-4-4-11-Release-Notes

Thank you All.

Yes the LEGACY WARNING is still with us and will remain there until the type of Malwarebytes extension is changed.

To me after macOS 10.15.4 it appeared on the first reboot and from my experience (I turn off the Mac every evening) it appears only every n days (how many days does n corresponds only Apple knows)