Version Update.

Hello to All:

A successful update was made on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) from Mac for Malwarebytes v3.7.34 Premium to v3.8.16.2524 Premium running macOS Mojave v10.14.4.  An OS reboot was not called out but a cold restart was performed non-the-less.

Owing to my possible inattention, I never noticed a notification popup that an application update was available.  The fast runtime of a manual scan is significantly equal to that of the previous release version using database v4.0.376.

Congratulations to all that made this release a success!

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

Two suggestions for the next version, always waiting for web protection:
1) Delete from the reports the type of item highlighted in the screenshot (the user has deleted X elements): at least I don't understand the usefulness
2) View in Malwarebytes information the database version in addition to the software version.

510143772_Schermata2019-05-04alle11_38_40.jpg.60108d53a4bdd9bbfacf36b306f387ca.jpg

Thank you

Greetings

Massimiliano

1) I certainly find that information useful to me in tracking what has occurred and it would be essential if I were to need to diagnose another users actions.

2) I believe you have already passed on that recommendation more than once over the past year or more. Such information would be of little use to me in that there isn't a posting that would tell me what the latest available version is. I find that the reports section that tells me the date and time that "Protection updated to version x.x.xxx" is useful in that it I can tell very quickly if there hasn't been an update for an extended period of time, which I suspect is what you are most interested in knowing.

7 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

2) I believe you have already passed on that recommendation more than once over the past year or more. Such information would be of little use to me in that there isn't a posting that would tell me what the latest available version is. I find that the reports section that tells me the date and time that "Protection updated to version x.x.xxx" is useful in that it I can tell very quickly if there hasn't been an update for an extended period of time, which I suspect is what you are most interested in knowing.

One thing does not exclude the other 

8 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

1) I certainly find that information useful to me in tracking what has occurred and it would be essential if I were to need to diagnose another users actions.

Given the usefulness of this information (always according to you, it doesn't seem to me), I would recommend the possibility of seeing results (whether they are real time or by scanning) and update together (It would be the display I chose as default).
It would be a very useful visualization for me.

• Staff
On 5/4/2019 at 5:42 AM, MAXBAR1 said:

2) View in Malwarebytes information the database version in addition to the software version.

There are some reasons that we have removed the database version from the app, but you can still find that information, if it interests you, here:

/Library/Application Support/Malwarebytes/MBAM/Logs/product.info

You can also refer to database update information in Reports, which lists the version number of the updates when they are downloaded.

Hello to All:

A successful update was made on my MacBookPro11,3 (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013) from Mac for Malwarebytes v3.8.16.2524 Premium to v3.8.17.2526 Premium running macOS Mojave v10.14.5.  Again, an OS reboot was not called out but a cold boot was performed non-the-less. 

A manual threat scan, with database 4.0.382, successfully completed in usual approximate time.  Congratulations again to all that made this release a success!

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW

• 2 months later...

Hello to All:

Seeing @alvarnell's work with another member about six hours ago, I first did a bit of housekeeping to my MacBookPro11,3 above and followed with a cold boot.  I still failed to find an update notification for Malwarebytes for Mac 3.8.17.2526 so I opened the GUI and selected "Check for Updates..." and then the 3.9.23 update did a trouble-free download/install.  Though not called out, I followed with a cold boot.

When checked after a manual scan, the database is 4.0.406.

My system's total manual scan time of 1:25 has understandably increased with the usual number of objects scanned.  With all 3.9.23 features enabled, I do not detect any difficulties.

I look forward to an updated releasenote/changelog.  Thank you team members for the update!

cc: @treed

Edited by 1PW

• Staff
On 8/1/2019 at 6:43 AM, 1PW said:

Though not called out, I followed with a cold boot.

Rebooting after installing or updating Malwarebytes for Mac isn't actually necessary... but it looks like that may be changing in macOS Catalina, from our testing. (Looks like Catalina either requires a reboot after installing a kernel extension, or it's a beta bug and not the final Catalina behavior.)

Hello to All:

FWIW - No noticeable changes to Malwarebytes for Mac 3.9.23 operation have been detected with my last night's update to macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G87) with the Supplemental Update included.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to All:

This morning I updated my trouble-free 3.9.23 with today's release of 3.9.27.2815 without difficulty.  A following Threat Scan, with DTBS 4.0.407, took a few seconds longer but finished clean as earlier today.

I can only imagine the long and hard work by the good folk behind the scenes.  Thank you for all you do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All:

A successful update to the beta was made on my MBP11,3 running Malwarebytes v3.9.32 Premium to v4.0.25 Premium running macOS Catalina v10.15.1 (19B88).  My premium license and previous settings carried over perfectly.  Both Real-Time Protections had been on and remained on.  No restart was requested, nor made.  A subsequent manual scan did complete in the expected time frame.

I too would appreciate a very conspicuous UI protection database update request button followed by some sort of obvious feedback.  Otherwise the move to the new look MB4.Beta for Windows type of UI is okay with me as I can deal with almost anything that works correctly.

Also, I am certain most users would appreciate seeing edition and application version information emitted to the Title Bar of the GUI.

As of about 15 minutes ago, the hotlink in treed's announcement was not yet populated with the beta version download.  I suppose that will be coming along shortly or perhaps I am misunderstanding the intent.  Such as install the RTM and then update to the beta.

Thank you and congratulations to all behind the scenes for making this update another success!

Edited by 1PW

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All:

A successful notification driven app update was made from Malwarebytes for Mac Premium 4.0.25 - 4.0.436 to 4.0.27.3069 - 4.0.436.  The update maintained the active premium license and scan schedule.  At the conclusion of the update, a system restart was not requested nor made on a MBP11,3 running macOS Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88).

A manual scan finished in the same time range while scanning the exact number of objects.

Congratulations to the team!  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All:

My MBP11,3, running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76), was just updated from v4.0.30.3073 to v4.1.28.3352 - 4.0.458.

No reboot was required and a manual scan time takes the usual amount of time for approximately the same number of objects.  The app's signature/certificate verify.

Thank you again for the updates team!

Edited by 1PW

On 11/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, treed said:

We've still got lots more stuff to work on in this new UI

I like the new additions to the GUI for Mac. Thank you Malwarebytes Team. Excellent work! :)

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.15.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 9.15.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-16 at 8.54.24 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All:

My MBP11,3, running macOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76), was just updated from 4.1.28.3352 to 4.2.11.3444 - 4.0.461

No reboot was required and a manual scan time takes the usual amount of time for approximately the same number of objects.  The app's signature/certificate verify.

Thanks again updates team!