I need to check my old old MacBook ProMac OS X 10.7.5 for malware / virus as its behaving very suspiciously.

I can't seem to find any anti virus or malware software for this Mac, as it can't be updated any further than the OS X 10.7.5.

I use this mac as a legacy computer to access older files, that can't be opened by my newer macs.

Any help woulkd be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

ClamXAV v2 currently supports OS X 10.6.8 and above and maybe your the only choice left. It has a 30 day demo mode after which it must be purchased. Note that the download will happen immediately after going to this instruction page: https://www.clamxav.com/download/v2.html.

• Staff

There is a very old version of Malwarebytes that can run on 10.7, but its engine is extremely outdated and it hasn't received any database updates in quite some time, so I no longer recommend using it at this point. (I don't think it's even hosted on our site anymore.) I'd agree with Al, ClamXav would probably be your best bet on that system.