Error code: 703 (0, 453)

I received this error message after updating MBAM

An error occurred. Please report the following error code to the MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware support team.

Error code: 703 (0, 453)

I try to update MBAM in order to remove an ad-ware called security center when all this happened.

Any suggestions??

Welcome to Malwarebytes! I don't work for mbam, sorry for your ERROR. Sometimes this helps, instructions below:

please try a clean tool below, remove the program and re-install again

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and run a Quick Scan.

Error 703: Error occurred expanding variables. Contact support Please report back & let us know! regards....

• 4 months later...
Your Very Welcome! Please post back if you have any other issues or questions....regards...

hi. got the same problem.

i tried deletingas you suggested, but ran into a problem. i got a message:

Runtime Error (at -1:0):

Cannot Import dll:C:/Program Files/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/mbam.dll.

can you please help me with this? any help would be extremely appreciated.

please reply soon.

@ brokentempers -

Please do not use such large lettering in the general help forums -

Error 703: Error occurred expanding variables.

From our FAQ Section above this section of the forum -

1 / Make sure that Malwarebytes is excluded from your a/v (and firewall)

2 / Rename MBAM.exe to DRAM.exe

Thank you - :)

EDIT - Also read this post by AdvancedSetup -

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=187827

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing the same problems that are detailed here.

-- I am getting the Error Code: 703 (0, 453)

-- When I tried to follow the steps detailed, I got the Runtime Error (at -1:0) message

-- So, I moved on to the 2-step process described, but can't figure out how to exclude Malwarebytes from my a/v. Can someone walk me through that? I did find how to exclude it from my firewall and rename MBAM.exe to DRAM.exe, but I'm still getting the Runtime Error (at -1:0) message.

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with that.

Thanks for any assist.

Hi Again -

This is my latest on this - Sorry but Norton do not supply diagrams - I hope it helps -

For Most New Norton Products

To Add exclusion to Auto-Protect and Risk scan

1 . Start your Norton 2010 product.

2 . In the Computer pane, click Settings.

3 . Under Exclusions, next to Scan Exclusions, click Configure.

4 . If you want to exclude a file from scan, under Scan Exclusions, click Add.

5 . Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

6 . If you want to exclude a file from Auto-Protect, under Auto-Protect Exclusions, click Add.

7 . Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

8 . Click Apply > OK

Hello. New to the sight, was referred by a friend who has been trying to fix my computer. I just recently got a very vicious infection haha both myself and computer haha! no but i tried to do the Mbam-clean.exe above.. but it won't let me even open it, I get an error that says "SHGetValue failed with error code 0" i've tried almost everything on this sight to fix this problem, i can't open malwarebytes, all i'll get is an error code or cannot find mbam.exe. i've tried renaming it, randomizing the name and everything but it still will not let me open up malwarebytes.. i'm lost! glazed over eyes n all ahaha! any help?? it would be appreciated deeply

Hello. New to the sight, was referred by a friend who has been trying to fix my computer. I just recently got a very vicious infection haha both myself and computer haha! no but i tried to do the Mbam-clean.exe above.. but it won't let me even open it, I get an error that says "SHGetValue failed with error code 0" i've tried almost everything on this sight to fix this problem, i can't open malwarebytes, all i'll get is an error code or cannot find mbam.exe. i've tried renaming it, randomizing the name and everything but it still will not let me open up malwarebytes.. i'm lost! glazed over eyes n all ahaha! any help?? it would be appreciated deeply

If you got that error when running the clean too, its most likely cause the tool had nothing to do or delete. Try reinstalling tha MBAM program. If you can not install or if it installs but deletes the file mbam.exe then you are more than likely infected with malware.

You can try these steps if they do not work for you then read on:

mbam will not install - Code 2 error, mbam.exe not found

Please go here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=29028

And see if that might help get Malwarebytes running for you :)

If the above did not work for you then follow these steps:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org