Sgtmarshtomp

ANSWERED Steam.exe Blocked as Fraudulent Website

I think this is a funny one, but my Malwarebytes is reporting Steam's webstore ("media4.steampowered .com" & "steamstore-a .akamaihd .net"; used spaces so I'm not linking.) as fraudulent websites. I'm fairly certain this is a false positive, but as always it's better to be safe rather than sorry. I've attached screenshots and logs below. Can I get a staff member/engineer to confirm or deny please? Thank you!

steam1.JPG

Steam2.JPG

Steam3.JPG

Steam Fraud Website Warning.txt Steam Website Fraud Warning 2.txt

I noticed that these reports were generated while the update package was on 1.0.10164. My Malwarebytes has updated to package 1.0.10180 & it hasn't blocked the steam store since updating; maybe it's already resolved?

Am I okay then? The domains that were blocked aren't being blacklisted on virus total anymore, my mbam isn't blocking them anymore, and my most recent scan didn't come back with anything. Any idea about what happened? It just seems odd given how it was blocking something related to my game client Steam; it's never done that before.

Scan.txt

Could it be that the site(s) shared an IP address that was the same as/similar to a malicious domain? I've read previous posts where that sort of thing happened so Mbam blocked Steam.

Also, sorry if I'm asking too many things, I get anxiety about viruses & malware.

51 minutes ago, Sgtmarshtomp said:

Could it be that the site(s) shared an IP address that was the same as/similar to a malicious domain? I've read previous posts where that sort of thing happened so Mbam blocked Steam.

Also, sorry if I'm asking too many things, I get anxiety about viruses & malware.

No worries at all! It's quite possible that Steam used that shared IP at one point. :)

Okay, thank you! I don't think I have anymore questions, and my mbam & windows defender aren't detecting anything, so off to bed for a bit.

I'll let you guys know if anything funky starts happening again lol!