David H. Lipman

Problem with uploading attachments and reaching the max size

Posted (edited)

The maximum size of an uploaded attachment was 30MB.  It is now limited to 29.3MB.  However even that can't be obtained under some circumstances.

@Sentoryninitially demonstrated the problem to me.  So I tried to reproduce it. When I tried with a 28.6MB ZIP file, the upload  failed.  I reduced it to 28.1MB and it failed again.  I reduced it to 26.6MB and once again, it failed.  That was in a Private area.

Image.jpg.aca74d882f82e9a57f533f7e7741b069.jpg

When I started to create this post I tried the 26.6MB file here and it uploaded.

I went back to that private area test post and tried to upload that 26.6MB ZIP file once again and it failed to upload.

Then I started a new private area test post and tried to upload that 26.6MB ZIP file and it uploaded.

So whatever the problem is, and there is a problem, it is reproducible in some circumstances but not in others.

Edited by David H. Lipman

Thank you Ron for that temporary fix while you communicate with Invsion.

I see the max is now 58.59MB. 

In that private Area I tried again creating a new Test Post with the new max file size.  I got the error on a 54.6MB ZIP file.  I reduced that to 49.5MB and still got the error.  I reduced that once again 39.1MB and got the error again.  I then tried creating a new Test Post and I was able to upload that 39.1MB ZIP file.  I deleted it and tried a 54.6MB ZIP file and that failed.

Hello,

i have also the same problem.The upload size is also so tiny by me.

MAM

Please use another browser @MAM or manually delete your cookie from the site and try again. No one should have any issues with uploading large files. It might not be the exact size supported but in the 12 years, I've been around managing the site only a couple of people have needed the ability to upload such a large file. For dump files or similar one would need to use a file upload service as the forums are not designed to upload GB dumps, etc.

Thanks

Hello,

well i using, the FireFox Browser.

MAM

So please try another browser. Something is wrong with your installation of Firefox if you're unable to upload a 20+ MB file to the forum.