How to uninstall Malwarebytes'

MWBrules

So MWB is not updating ever since 9/9/09(Database version:2766),so in an attempt to fix this i want to uninstall MWB,then re-install,however,when i click on ''Unistall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware'',an ERROR message pops,saying''Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5: Access is denied.'',hence,I'm the administrator of the PC but this is happening.So i want to know how to uninstall MWB manually or someway,so i can re-install it.Or can i just download MWB again,without uninstalling this MWB. Your assistance will be most appreciative,Thank You!

Hello MWBrules,

You are most likely having problems updating since a new version of MBAM has been released this week and updates do not work with older versions.

My question is where are you trying to uninstall MBAM from? Are you going through the control panel? I would try that first and see if that gives you better results. Here are some brief instructions for you to follow:

Follow these procedures as outlined below.

• Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
  • Restart your computer (very important).
  • Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe
  • It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
  • After the computer restarts, Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• 2 weeks later...

instead of updating it from the gui try download filehippo updater and install and run it it checks to see if all your software is up to date then shows you the newest versions to download for your out of date software then just install it, usually when you install a newer copy of software you already have it uninstalls the old files and recreates the new so you should be sweet.

hope i helped