Windows 10 (Just formatted)/ Problem with Audio and Nvidia Drivers, HELP!!!

NouH

So. Today i just did a fresh Windows 10 64 bits install on my computer and updated it to the last version 1809.
Alright, since it was a fresh install i went to my Control Panel > Device Manager and updated all the Drivers there. One by one.

Still, even after updating everything my sound does not work. It says. ''No Audio Output Device is Installed'' and my ''Headset'' microphone works fine despite the audio not working.

I went through several guides on the internet and none worked. I tried uninstalling and installing all the audio drivers again. didn't work. I tried to use Driveridentifier (Not a third party driver installer, but just a program that detects what driver you're missing and guides you to that Driver manufacturer Website) and it tells me i need a Nvidia High Definition Audio driver but the problem is. I CANT INSTALL IT. it Always keep saying the same thing ''This driver is not compatible with this version of windows'' I TRIED several different version of drivers suggested in the Driveridentifier and all of them had the same problem. I went to the site of Nvidia and put each information correctly and went through everything correctly.
Windows 10 64 Bits? (Checked)
GeForce series? (Checked)
700 series? (Checked)
GT 730 ? (CHECKED)
I went through everything correctly and without any wrong information and i downloaded the lastest update and guess what? THE SAME ERROR, saying the driver wasn't compatible with my windows version even though i have the lasted windows 10 version i could download from windows.

I don't know if this is important but i'm just throwing this information here anyway.
My audio ''drivers'' on my Device Manager are these (All updated to the lastest version i could get from the Device Manager)
High Definition Audio Device
Nvidia High Definition Audio

Could someone PLEASE help me? it is a very fresh and clean windows 10 install, so there isn't any program or anything new besides Google Chrome.

You need to go the the platform manufacturer's web site and look for the specific model of the platform and download drivers from there.

With all that information you posted, nowhere is the Make and Model of the platform which is the most important information.

What is the exact Make and Model of the platform in question ?

35 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

You need to go the the platform manufacturer's web site and look for the specific model of the platform and download drivers from there.

With all that information you posted, nowhere is the Make and Model of the platform which is the most important information.

What is the exact Make and Model of the platform in question ? if you could explain it in further details if you don't mind, it would make it easier for me to understand and give you the information you might be asking for.
Thanks in Advance :)

I can be considered a newbie in regards to computer so i have no idea on what you mean by ''Make and Model of the platform'' and how do i find that out.

38 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

What is the exact Make and Model of the platform in question ?

Sorry for the double post but i posted it wrong above and i didn't find any option to Edit it. So here is how it was supposed to look like.

I can be considered a newbie in regards to computer so i have no idea on what you mean by ''Make and Model of the platform'' and how do i find that out.

What is the exact Make and Model of the platform in question ? if you could explain it in further details if you don't mind, it would make it easier for me to understand and give you the information you might be asking for.
Thanks in Advance 

1 minute ago, David H. Lipman said:

OK, for example.  I am writing this reply on a Dell Latitude E5430. 
Dell is the "Make" and Latitude E5430 is the "Model".

Sorry for my ignorance (I'm not a native speaker so its even worse for me to understand that), but i seriously have no idea what that mean. Dell Latitude?
In this scenario we're talking about (Audio and drivers) how would the Make and Model look like? because i have no idea..

Dell is the Manufacturer so they are the Maker of the platform so the "make" of the platform is Dell.

Latitude is a family of Dell notebooks with the exact model being  E5430.

This web page provides the Driver Software for the Dell Latitude E5430 platform.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e5430/drivers/advanced?rvps=y

Edited by David H. Lipman

15 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Dell is the Manufacturer so they are the Maker of the platform so the "make" of the platform is Dell.

Latitude is a family of Dell notebooks with the exact model being  E5430.

This web page provides the Driver Software for the Dell Latitude E5430 platform.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e5430/drivers/advanced?rvps=y

I dunno what mine are nor how i find out about it but.

ASROCK is my Motherboard name and i use a Desktop computer.

Also from the Dxdiag thing, the ''Sound'' tab says ''No sound card detected'' if that's of any importance.

You can think of me like the Average old joe that has no idea of technology, and this computer is old so i have no idea about the information about it.

The problem is likely due to the fact that it's an older system and you need to find the right HD Audio driver for the onboard sound (not the NVIDIA HD Audio, which only applies to the HDMI output from the graphics card to the monitor).  In all likelihood it's one of Realtek's HD Audio solutions, so as David mentioned, we'd need the motherboard model number to find the appropriate drivers.

This should help:

Provide System Specifications:

• Please download Speccy from here and save the ZIP file to your desktop or another location where you can easily find it.

• Right-click the file select Extract All... then click Extract in the window that pops up and it should be extracted to a folder in the same location as the ZIP file you downloaded.

• Open the extracted folder and then double-click on the version of Speccy appropriate for your system (select Speccy.exe if using a 32 bit Windows version or Speccy64.exe if you are running a 64 bit version of Windows) and click Yes, OK or Allow if prompted by User Account Control.

• Once the program starts it will analyze your system, please be patient as it may take a few moments to complete.

• Once it finishes and none of the areas say Analyzing click on the File button at the top and select Save Snapshot...

• Save the file to your desktop and click Ok to confirm

• Go to your desktop and right click on the file you just created and hover over Send to and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

• Please attach the zip file you just created to your next post

8 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Ok.  It sounds like you built your OWN PC or a friend built it for you.

You have the ASROCK  motherboard.  What is the model number of the ASROCK motherboard ?

The only thing i found write on the motherboard is ASROCK (Bottom) and  at the top right corner AM3+ ddr3 1600
The only other thing write on it is ''Designed on Taipei'' and the Processor that it supports.
There's also a RoHS at the bottom right but i don't think thats important.

I hope this is the info you were looking for. Thanks for putting up with me even though i'm completely clueless about the process.

14 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Ok.  It sounds like you built your OWN PC or a friend built it for you.

You have the ASROCK  motherboard.  What is the model number of the ASROCK motherboard ?

7 minutes ago, exile360 said:

The problem is likely due to the fact that it's an older system and you need to find the right HD Audio driver for the onboard sound (not the NVIDIA HD Audio, which only applies to the HDMI output from the graphics card to the monitor).  In all likelihood it's one of Realtek's HD Audio solutions, so as David mentioned, we'd need the motherboard model number to find the appropriate drivers.

This should help:

Provide System Specifications:

• Please download Speccy from here and save the ZIP file to your desktop or another location where you can easily find it.

• Right-click the file select Extract All... then click Extract in the window that pops up and it should be extracted to a folder in the same location as the ZIP file you downloaded.

• Open the extracted folder and then double-click on the version of Speccy appropriate for your system (select Speccy.exe if using a 32 bit Windows version or Speccy64.exe if you are running a 64 bit version of Windows) and click Yes, OK or Allow if prompted by User Account Control.

• Once the program starts it will analyze your system, please be patient as it may take a few moments to complete.

• Once it finishes and none of the areas say Analyzing click on the File button at the top and select Save Snapshot...

• Save the file to your desktop and click Ok to confirm

• Go to your desktop and right click on the file you just created and hover over Send to and select Compressed (zipped) Folder

• Please attach the zip file you just created to your next post

I hate the fact that i can't edit my comments, but after ussing the Speccy this is the name of the motherboard and some other info it showed me (Sorry for the double post again).

Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
    AMD Phenom II X4 850    30 °C
    Propus 45nm Technology
RAM
    8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
    ASRock N68-S3 FX (CPUSocket)    40 °C
Graphics
    SyncMaster (1440x900@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (ZOTAC International)    39 °C
Storage
    465GB Western Digital WDC WD50 00AAKX-003CA SCSI Disk Device (SATA )    38 °C
Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio

Yep, I found the same.  It's using a VIA chipset for the audio apparently.  It appears to be the model V7500F which, if you check VIA's website, they don't appear to have a driver for it and they don't offer any drivers for Windows 10; the newest OS they support is Windows 7.  You could try installing the Asrock driver for Windows 7 and it *might* work, but it is very likely that it won't install and will just say that the driver isn't compatible with your OS.  Unfortunately older device support on Windows 10 is very hit or miss (which is ironic considering how 'encouraging' Microsoft has been in trying to convince everyone to 'upgrade' to Windows 10).

@NouH As somebody who's had similar issues in the past, I have some advice that could help:
If you right-click on the installer before you run it, and go into "Properties", you can enable compatibility mode for Windows 7. When you use compatibility mode for the installer, it should tell Windows 10 to run the driver with compatibility workarounds. I can give you no guarantees that it will actually fix your issue, but it might help.

22 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

ASRock N68-S3 FX

https://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68-S3 FX/index.asp#Support

This Motherboard does NOT natively support Windows 10 64bit

At best, it supports;  Windows 7 64bit

OMG. THIS WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Really (I also ran the Installer with Compatibility to Windows 7.
I did get a message that my Audio driver wasn't compatible with this OS but it works anyway, so it's all good, Thank you, really.

Also thanks everyone for your time and help. I'm really grateful for everyone attention and time spent in trying to help me. Thank you very much..