Website Blocked Due to Trojan

I posted this in the technical support forum and was requested to repost it here, along with MBST logs, which are attached.

I have been getting this warning several times a day on www.chrisbytheseamotel.com.

I have not been trying to navigate to this site since last summer. The warning states that my browser (MSN Explorer) is attermpting a connection.I suspect some sort of malware/redirect, but malwarebytes scans have not found anything.

Attached is the Malwarebytes report and the two FARBAR files, which I ran after researching responses to other users' issues.

I would appreciate help in figuring out what is happening.

I was advised to run adware cleaner, which I already had. It found and quarantined a PUP, but my problem recurred after that.

I was advised to select scan for rootkits and rescan. I did, without finding anything.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Reset Internet Explorer:
Menu > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab.
Click the Reset button on the bottom of the pane.
Click the Apply button.
Close IE.
===

If the problem persists in IE and you are using the Sync with other devices, disable the Sync.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/sync-internet-explorer-settings-windows-8-1-devices

Restart the computer and re-sync you devices if you need them.
<<<>>>

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

fixlist.txt

Edited by nasdaq

I have followed your instructions. Several items for your information:

• While the website blocked problem happened once or twice after previous actions including Adware cleaner, it hasn't happended in the last serveral days.
  • When I ran FRST, it stopped responding after creating the Fixlog file, but before finishing, so I ran it again. Hope that didn't mess things up

I find this whole process pretty confusing. Is there a good explanation somewhere as to why these things happen, what the problem might be, and why normal Malwarebytes scans do not find and fix them?

I will post again if the orignal problem recurrs.

Fixlog.txt

• 2 weeks later...