Do I have the correct software?

Today, I purchased the Anti-Malware Pro and downloaded it. I have run two scans, but it is not cleaning up the "Personal Guard 2009" problem. I was told your software would do the trick. I looked on another website "bleepingcomputer.com" and it showed screens of your product, but they do not match the screens coming up on my computer. Did I somehow purchase the wrong download? Can you confirm that I purchased your software? Help me Please!

Thanks

Teri

Edited by TeMerc: Removed personal information

• Staff
Today, I purchased the Anti-Malware Pro and downloaded it. I have run two scans, but it is not cleaning up the "Personal Guard 2009" problem. I was told your software would do the trick. I looked on another website "bleepingcomputer.com" and it showed screens of your product, but they do not match the screens coming up on my computer. Did I somehow purchase the wrong download? Can you confirm that I purchased your software? Help me Please!

Thanks

Teri

Edited by TeMerc: Removed personal information

Welcome to the forums.

Contact your CC company or PayPal, explain you bought the wrong software, they'll refund the price paid.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware via the link below, the installer name is mbam-setup (this link generates some of our 'official' download sites, not just malwarebytes.org, downloads do not differ, registration with your ID & key activate the Pro features):

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Pay close attention to the actual download link. Many download sites have big giant sponsored ads from other vendors of other types of software which may confuse you. That's how they make money, by placing these ads prominently so you see them first.

Ignore all 'Recommended' or 'Sponsored' downloads, these will be the ads. Save the file to your desktop then double-click it to begin installation.

By all means, get your money back if you can.

It's important to note that you don't have to buy Malwarebytes to get it's scan and malware removal capablities as well as Malwarebytes forum support.

Purchasing Malwarebytes adds realtime protection, scheduled automatic update and scan capability, and you're supporting people that are working hard to keep you safe on the Internet and aren't trying to squeeze every nickel and dime they can out of you.

Malwarebytes is designed to co-exist and not conflict with your anti-virus software. Malwarebytes is an "addition to" rather than a "replacement for" anti-virus software.

By all means, get your money back if you can.

It's important to note that you don't have to buy Malwarebytes to get it's scan and malware removal capablities as well as Malwarebytes forum support.

Purchasing Malwarebytes adds realtime protection, scheduled automatic update and scan capability, and you're supporting people that are working hard to keep you safe on the Internet and aren't trying to squeeze every nickel and dime they can out of you.

Malwarebytes is designed to co-exist and not conflict with your anti-virus software. Malwarebytes is an "addition to" rather than a "replacement for" anti-virus software.

THANK YOU so much for your help and advice. I downloaded the "right stuff" and was able to solve my problem. Am working to get my money refunded too.