Since I paid the license of Malwarebytes, my PC became heavy. While free/trial, it was not, not at all.

There is too much hard disk activity durig Windows boot up and still a while later. It slurp my battery.

My notebook is a HP Pavilion x360, Intel Core-M 2.0GHz, 4 GB ram, 1 TB HD.

Before the license, Windows loading process was not that fast but now is that slow.

Sometimes, Malwarebytes stays doing scans without I ask. I'd like an option to override obligatory scans.

Greetings,

If you open Malwarebytes and navigate to Settings>Scan Schedule you can edit or even delete the default scheduled scan, which is likely what's causing all the disk activity on system boot since the scan is scheduled by default to recover/re-run if the scheduled time was missed within the last 24 hours as soon as the system comes online/boots up.  You can either edit the scheduled scan to suit your preferences or simply delete it if you don't want any scheduled scans, and even create your own if you have a completely different schedule in mind and still want the program to perform scheduled scans from time to time.

You should find the information in this support article as well as the online documentation here to be helpful.

If there is anything else we might assist you with please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks

• 1 month later...