Boot problem

honfire

Hi,

I was trying to clean my computer it had the advanced virus remover malware. I ran malwarebytes and it prompted me to reboot. Now, it does not let me past the windowsxp screen and keeps rebooting. I did everything in the advanced startup options with no success. safemode, last known good configuration, disabled the reboot so I could check the error.

I got this error:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (oxF7B61524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

--------------------------------------

Recently used Bart PE to retrieve the MBAM log file. I am attaching it here for review. Please help. Thank you.

mbam_log_2009_08_23__09_21_04_.txt

• Staff

Hi,

Nothing what mbam removed could cause this though. I guess you were dealing with one of these variants designed to cause a system unbootable when trying to remove:

Read this article for more info: When a Bot master goes mad - Kill the OS and here A Zeus botnet self-destructs

This is a recent trend - so that's why I always recommend people to backup important data before cleaning, this because you never know with what you are dealing.

Also, in case of File infectors like Virut and Sality (which are also very common nowadays), it may cause the same behavior that an OS won't survive a next reboot.

Since you used BartPE, you can backup important data via there and then format and reinstall Windows.

• Staff

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.