66.235.126.98 false positive

AEA

66.235.126.98 is http://www.My.Myway.com and should not be blocked by your IP Protection. It is a Hughesnet start page.

It has been blocked on your version 1.40 and now on your 1.41 as well. Please take action to get it corrected and make it possible in the settings of your program to disable IP Protection and have it stick. Thereby not having to right click the tray icon and de-select it after every reboot of the computer!

66.235.126.98 is http://www.My.Myway.com and should not be blocked by your IP Protection. It is a Hughesnet start page.

It has been blocked on your version 1.40 and now on your 1.41 as well. Please take action to get it corrected and make it possible in the settings of your program to disable IP Protection and have it stick. Thereby not having to right click the tray icon and de-select it after every reboot of the computer!

Also, I reported this to your help desk which were of course no help at all.........Support ticket #23962

Although I do not agree it should be needed from me, (after all you know what you did to your program from 1.39 to 1.40 & 1.41) here is the developer setting log file from the full scan :unsure: :

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41

Database version: 2784

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

9/12/2009 12:19:58 PM

mbam-log-2009-09-12 (12-19-58).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)

Objects scanned: 138942

Time elapsed: 24 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Any reason why you are still running Windows SP2 since SP3 has been available for over a year?

You should go to Tools then Windows Update in Internet Explorer and install all updates as it provides performance enhancements and several Critical updates.

Go to Control panel then Automatic updates then enable at least Notify me but do not download updates.

Run Secunia Online Software Inspector to see what applications are vulnerable:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

Any reason why you are still running Windows SP2 since SP3 has been available for over a year?

You should go to Tools then Windows Update in Internet Explorer and install all updates as it provides performance enhancements and several Critical updates.

Go to Control panel then Automatic updates then enable at least Notify me but do not download updates.

Run Secunia Online Software Inspector to see what applications are vulnerable:

http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online

Yes, there is a reason.......

It is because I do not desire to update it. It is my choice and that is a choice I have made.

Oh, and,........mind your own business.

• Staff
Also, I reported this to your help desk which were of course no help at all.........Support ticket #23962
Not sure I get why support was 'no help at all'. You were told how these are handled, and you proceeded accordingly and got a resolution.

So I see that as exactly what was supposed to happen. IP false\positives are unlike files\folders\registry false\positives. The require some documentation in many instances when the false\positives are not but in fact legit malicious IPs.

Sorry if our procedures do not measure up to your expectations.

You know what they say, you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Such is the case here.

Not sure I get why support was 'no help at all'. You were told how these are handled, and you proceeded accordingly and got a resolution.

So I see that as exactly what was supposed to happen. IP false\positives are unlike files\folders\registry false\positives. The require some documentation in many instances when the false\positives are not but in fact legit malicious IPs.

Sorry if our procedures do not measure up to your expectations.

You know what they say, you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Such is the case here.

I'm going to try to be civil about this........

Just think about what you have said........

First, I have not received a resolution yet, I have received a promise of a resolution.

Additionally, what is the purpose of a "Help" desk if all they can do is direct you somewhere else? Why couldn't the help desk forward the information provided (which it was) to wherever in their company it needs to go to get a resolution?

And finally, I paid for a product and I expect support without having to jump thru all sorts of hoops, including registering at this site and posting useless scan logs for 3rd parties to question why I am running SP2. Your program worked fine through version 1.39 and went downhill with 1.40 and the implementation of your new IP Protection Engine which was "Not ready for Prime Time" and is still not! Instead of fixing it yourself or removing it completely due to the failure that it is, you get peeps to come here and build a database of good IP's for you through your "False Positive" reporting.

That's it for me on this subject. No need to reply because I will not be back here to read it.

• Staff
And there are those who are never happy no matter what you do.