InstallShield False Positive ?

siliconman01

• Staff

Hi,

I can't reproduce detection on this, even after extracting the support.cab file as well. I remember this was fixed a few days ago already.

Can you verify if this is still detected? If so, then, Quit malwarebytes from the systemtray.

Then navigate to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

In there, locate the file HubbleCache and delete it.

Restart Malwarebytes again. A new Hubblecache will then be created again, so it will properly pick it up and remember to not detect this anymore.

15 minutes ago, miekiemoes said:

Hi,

I can't reproduce detection on this, even after extracting the support.cab file as well. I remember this was fixed a few days ago already.

Can you verify if this is still detected? If so, then, Quit malwarebytes from the systemtray.

Then navigate to the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService

In there, locate the file HubbleCache and delete it.

Restart Malwarebytes again. A new Hubblecache will then be created again, so it will properly pick it up and remember to not detect this anymore.

It is still detected even after deleting HubbleCache per your recommendation.  This is on a Custom scan with "Scan rootkits"  selected and also with "Scan rootkits" not selected.  

It is not detected on a standard routine scan. 

MBAMLogCustomNORootkitScan.txt MBAMLogCustomRootkitScan.txt MBAMLOGStandardScan.txt

• Staff

Hmm, this is weird, as I really can't reproduce detection, even with rootkit scan on.

Can you rightclick the support.cab file and extract it with 7zip? Then scan that support folder and let me know if you get a detection?

This so I know what exact file in that cab file is causing this for you. I've done the same here as well, but it's not detecting any of the contents either.

Thanks!

• Staff

This is really curious.

I would need more info, so can you zip and attach the MBAMService.LOG, this so I can have a look why it's detecting in your case and not in my case.

You can find this log in the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\LOGS

• Staff

Hi,

This has been confirmed as a bug indeed (as bugs might always happen with beta-versions), so it will be resolved in one of the next Component Updates.

I suggest you temporary exclude this file (folder) from detection for now.

Thanks for your help/feedback on this!

Edited by miekiemoes