RastamanaFly

pup.optional.OOSafeErase

Hello,

today i got this on my scan (see screen shot down) it's very strange as it seems that all of this from O&O SafeErase the software i paid and I'm using along side some other software's from this company. Could this be an error from Malwarebytes ?460342935_djasldkasdaslkl.thumb.JPG.58370c250a9babf36e7df4dc4dfad645.JPG

Hello,

Can we get the log from Malwarebytes instead of a screenshot please? More information here:

Thank you

How come? I been using this software for a long time, only since few days MB started reporting this, and I'm also using MB for a long time. So what is the issue with Safe Erase at the end?

The software follows into the potentially unwanted category. More information about the criteria is here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/pup/

I am not aware of the specifics of the issues with Safe Erase. I will get in contact with someone that may have additional information.

Thank you for your patience.

1 minute ago, thisisu said:

The software follows into the potentially unwanted category. More information about the criteria is here: https://www.malwarebytes.com/pup/

I am not aware of the specifics of the issues with Safe Erase. I will get in contact with someone that may have additional information.

Thank you for your patience.

Please do so, as I have failed to find anything indicating this product is a PUP, other than this detection.

I wanted to mention that I had this happen for me as well. I've used O&O software for years, and as far as I understood, they are a reputable company.

Very curious as to what qualifies their programs as being in the PUP category all of a sudden.

Must agree with ITC23. Using O&O for years and never had any issue with them. I'm also under impression that they are reputable company so very strange that all of a sudden they are under PUP category. Would like to know more here. 

Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Thank you for reaching out. We did determine that this software violated our PUP criteria. We have changed our database so that paid users like yourselves should not be getting flagged any longer. This change will be reflected in Malwarebytes within an hour or two.

If you have any further inquiries, please contact Malwarebytes Support.

In the meantime, feel free to add exclusions to Malwarebytes if you would like to stop seeing these detections.

Edited by screen317