False positive in URL (VirusTotal)

Mastermaq
Go to solution Solved by Dashke,

Good Morning,

I work at a company called Mastermaq Softwares. The company is focused on developing software for accounting/financial area.

We use a S3 bucket to host some files that we have to deploy to our clients. This bucket needs to be public so the software can access the URL and download the update to client's machine.

Happens that one of these files, called "ngonesuporte.exe", is getting marked from VirusTotal as virus. The problem is: the file itself when scanned by VirusTotal website doesn't get any virus detected. Only when we update this software to the AWS Bucket and generate the URL, it start to get marked as virus. Not the file itself, but the URL.

If you download the software from the URL, extract on computer and execute the scan, it will not get any sign of virus. But when we scan the URL it is marked as virus.

We already updated the version of the software trying to change some metadata names that can potentially be marked as "bad". But our software is clean.

I understand that maybe this can be a false-positive problem, and I need your help to "clean from virus" this specific URL.

Is possible to you to validate the URL and the software, and possibly give us some feedback on what can we do to solve this issue?

The URL is:
http://mmqremoto3.mastermaq.com.br/ng/versoes/arquivosng/zip/ngonesuporte.exe.zip

Sorry I didn't use the method specified in the "Please read before reporting a false positive" because I think my problem is simpler, because the detection only comes from the URL, not for the file itself.
Thank you for the help.

Best Regards;
Lukas Silva
--