Unable to remove Malwarebytes Mac

I'm unable to uninstall Malwarebytes from my Mac.

When running uninstall from the application all that happens is the icon disappears from the top right menu.

When the Mac restarts its all back again.

When I run the Uninstall_MWB script I get an error saying "visudo: unable to open /etc/sudoers: No such file or directory.

Any ideas or do I need another antivirus software to get rid of this one?

It would appear that your System is damaged as there should certainly be an /etc/sudoers file to allow admin users to perform the uninstall from the command line script. I suspect you will need to re-install your OS from Recovery.

• Staff

I concur with Al. The scripts that are part of the uninstaller would not be able to function properly if the sudoers file is damaged or missing. Further, any attempts to replace or repair the sudoers file would fail, because root permissions are needed to edit or create the sudoers file, yet you can't get root permissions without a sudoers file. This is something that will cause many other problems... failure to uninstall Malwarebytes is the tip of the iceberg.

The only option here is to reinstall your system. You can install right on top of your current system, and that should work without disrupting any of your software or data. However, I don't advise doing this without a good set of backups, just in case something goes wrong.