CLARIFICATIONS ON THESE TWO APP LOCKED BY MALWAREBYTES

Link to VirusTotale DUPLICATE FINDER AND REMOVER (downloaded from Mac AppStore)

SHA-256    67c4d3064d1557f86503038521e6c8dff723d01eb0b3d92370b870d7d042bea1

Here there is the app Duplicate Finder and Remover.app.zip

Link to VirusTotale for DUPLICATE PHOTO FIXER PRO (downloaded from Mac AppStore)

SHA-256    bb3a4f1d87b932a9fd4115c1289bff54b07b5a6a0e5b76fc1b3447f15606c567

Here this is the app Duplicate Photos Fixer Pro.app.zip

Both are considered clean by VirusTotal excluded from AVAST and AVG that consider them MacOS: TuneUpMyMac-T [PUP] but are blocked by the APPBLOCK function of Malwarebytes for macOS 3.7.34. Until version 3.6 they were not even considered and were allowed to run regularly. I would like to know from @treed or from other staff members what this behavior is due to.
Thank you
Greetings
Massimiliano

16 hours ago, alvarnell said:

In reality it is not completely free and produced by the same developer I had an uninstaller that was deleted from the Mac AppStore and offered me a free license on the other hand outside the Mac AppStore (obviously after the advice of @treed I do not use it anymore) therefore I preferred to opt for another choice.

Instead I downloaded from the Apple store Duplicate Files Sweeper by Wise Tech Labs Private Limited which is free and not blocked, for the time being, by Malwarebytes.

• 1 year later...