SuperSaiyanAJ

I'm Infected - Logs Attached

I'll confess that I downloaded malicious software without thinking it through. As a result, got a nasty infection of adware, trojans, PUPs, etc.

I've run just about every scan under the sun (Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, Adwarecleaner, Emsisoft Emergency Kit) and removed as much malware as possible. However, one problem remains.

My Windows Defender has a list of Exclusions that I am unable to remove because they are greyed out. I am fearful that these exclusions are the cause of why I continue to get new trojans, PUPs, every few days.

I have attached logs from running Malwarebytes, AdwCleaner, and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool.

defender_exclusions2.JPG

defender_exclusions1.JPG

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

AdwCleaner[C05].txt

mwb_log.txt

Hello, Welcome to Malwarebytes.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

You should be able to delete the Windows Defender quarantine files.
How to.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/manage-quarantined-exclusions-windows-defender-security-center
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Reset Chrome...
Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon google-chrome-setting-icon.png or the 3 vertical dots located right side top of the google chrome.

Click "Settings" then "Show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen.

Click "Reset and clean up" > "Restore settings to their original defaults"

Restart Chrome.
<<<>>>

If the problem persists IN CHROME and you Sync Chrome with other devices reset the Sync.

Read this article and proceed.

Chrome Secure Preferences detection always comes back
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/
<<<>>>

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

fixlist.txt

Hello,

Thank you. I am no longer seeing the Exclusions in the Windows Defender Settings. I will continue to check over the next few days to ensure that no new exclusions appear.

I will continue to run Malwarebytes scans over the next few days to ensure no new viruses show up.

Attached is the fixlog you requested. Please let me know your thoughts.

Fixlog.txt

You should be good.

This topic will be closed in approx. one week unless you return and say the problem has returned.

Stay safe.

Glad we could help.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this thread. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks

Good evening Nasdaq,

I really appreciate the guidance you were able to provide me for my previous issue. Unfortunately, I think the problem is not fully cleared.

I recently started seeing new Trojans and PUPs. I have all of the new logs ready that I ran on March 17.

Again, thank you so much,

Anthony

AdwCleaner_March17.txt MWB_March17.txt FRST.txt Addition.txt

Hi,

Your logs are clean.

Lets reset the DNS

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to  the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Run the Malwarebytes and delete all the items that will be found.

If the items are still not being deleted run this scan.

Sophos Virus Removal Tool

Please download Sophos Virus Removal Tool and save it to your computer's Desktop.

• Right-click the icon and select Run as administrator.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • Click the Next button.
  • Select 'I accept the terms in the license agreement', then click Next twice.
  • Click the Install button and wait until the installation is complete.
  • Click the Finish button. The tool created a shortcut icon on the Desktop of your computer.
  • Now, double-click the Sophos Virus Removal Tool shortcut icon to run the tool.
  • Click Yes to accept any security warnings that may appear.
  • After it updates and a "Start Scanning" button appears in the lower right:
    • Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
    • Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
    • Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.

Windows Vista and above:
C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Sophos Virus Removal Tool\Logs\SophosVirusRemovalTool.log

Please post the contents of the log in your next reply and note any errors encountered.
===

Nasdaq,

I'm sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I can reply much more quickly now (within 24 hours).

I was about to followyour instructions but I noticed that there was no fixlist.txt attached to your recent message. Can you please attach that file?

Since the time of my last post, I have gotten several more trojans, PUPs, and adware (that I removed with MalwareBytes). Do you need any new logs from me or can we continue with the same instructions as before?

Thank you.

Hi,

Sorry about that.

It's attached now.

If the problem persists check this out.
If the problem persists IN CHROME and you Sync Chrome with other devices reset the Sync.

Read this article and proceed.

Chrome Secure Preferences detection always comes back
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/214325-chrome-secure-preferences-detection-always-comes-back/

===

Keep me posted.

fixlist.txt

Malwarebytes and Sophos scans both came back clean. I attached the results of the FRST fix.

I will work on adjusting the Google Chrome Secure Preferences when I return home from work today.

Fixlog.txt

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here.

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this topic with your request.

This applies only to the originator of this topic. Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

Thanks