dagar74

Changes to Exclusions for Kaspersky needed

What about this answer, straight from Kaspersky:

https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?/topic/395651-malwarebytes-compatibility-issues-merged/&do=findComment&comment=2803557

"Kaspersky Tech Support responded and said that Kaspersky Total Security and Mawarebytes Premium are not compatible and I cannot run both live at the same time."

I am pretty sure   that if you continue disabling things in Kaspersky, eventually you will have a malformed antivirus happily running alongside Malwarebytes Pro....

I would like to make it clear that my original post was not because I was having problems running Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes Premium. They are functioning together well for me. When I was doing a clean system install, I found a couple of files I hadn't seen in earlier versions and wanted some clarification on excluding them. I was also trying to be sure that I was doing the right thing regarding using System32 folder or Synsnative (I had actually been entering both in Exclusions for insurance). I also wanted to ask about excluding the .exe files as Trusted Applications. I have not been having any problems due to running Kaspersky and Malwarebytes together on all 3 of my computers that are so equipped..

3 hours ago, selma said:

"Kaspersky Tech Support responded and said that Kaspersky Total Security and Mawarebytes Premium are not compatible and I cannot run both live at the same time."

All AV vendors will say that. They do not want the responsibility if things do not work correctly.

12 hours ago, lmacri said:

...One other possibility is a conflict with Kaspersky's Advanced Disinfection Technology. You might want to look at Malwarebytes employee dcollins' post # 16 in danielfcoelho's September 2018 thread MBAM Issues with Kaspersky...

12 hours ago, exile360 said:

...You may also refer to this support article on the subject as well:  https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2324

Hi Davidtoo:

The Malwarebytes support article Kaspersky's Rootkit Scan and Malwarebytes for Windows Web Protection Issue that exile360 references states in part:

"Having the Rootkit scan and Advanced Disinfection enabled in Kaspersky breaks Malwarebytes for Windows web protection feature.  In Malwarebytes for Windows, the web protection settings are shown as on but users do not receive the IP Block notification."

I assume the workaround posted in that support article will stop your "Suspicious action was blocked" messages for MBAMService.exe , but at the end of the day you'll have to decide for yourself if you want to disable both Advanced Disinfection Technology and rootkit scanning in Kaspersky in order to have a working Web Protection module in Malwarebytes.
----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Premium v22.15.1.8 * MB Free v3.5.1.2522-1.0.365

Thanks folks...I do have advanced disinfection technology enabled in Kaspersky as well as rootkit scan and safe money.  I am unwilling to turn any of these off...I use Safe Money all of the time, and not sure what advanced disinfection technology does, not a clear description on the web, but if it works on memory processes and prevents malware from taking hold, it is obviously important.

Interestingly, I went to this site to test malwarebytes web protection, ip block notification, http://iptest.malwarebytes.org and that seems to work on my computer too...see below...

So bottom line, I will keep using Kaspersky as my primary defense with all protections enabled and will keep using malwarebytes as secondary protection.  Not sure what I am losing due to the Kaspersky blocks, but with its different layers, it must be doing something.    It is a lifetime license I use, so its not costing me anything at this point.  Thanks for your advice.

Shot1.jpg