MBAM won't update

Apologies for the confusion, please try updating Windows first as that's the simplest solution (and a good idea anyway for the sake of stability and security, as it's generally a good idea to keep Windows up to date).  If it doesn't resolve it, then we can look into other options but just start with updating Windows for now and let us know how it goes.

4 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Apologies for the confusion, please try updating Windows first as that's the simplest solution (and a good idea anyway for the sake of stability and security, as it's generally a good idea to keep Windows up to date).  If it doesn't resolve it, then we can look into other options but just start with updating Windows for now and let us know how it goes.

Ok, i'm downloading updates right now. When it's done i'll see if it worked

Thanks

Very good.  Be sure to allow it to restart your system if it prompts you to once the updates are installed, then check for updates again after restarting your system and repeat the process of updating/rebooting until it says no more updates are available because some updates cannot be installed until other updates are installed first so they don't always give you all of them at once and you want to make sure that you get the OS fully patched.

2 hours ago, exile360 said:

Very good.  Be sure to allow it to restart your system if it prompts you to once the updates are installed, then check for updates again after restarting your system and repeat the process of updating/rebooting until it says no more updates are available because some updates cannot be installed until other updates are installed first so they don't always give you all of them at once and you want to make sure that you get the OS fully patched.

Hey, i tried to run mbsupport tool again but it didn't work. I was going to create a new user account but i remembered i have a program named sandboxie so i tried to run mbsupport tool again but using sandboxie this time and it worked. Should i still create the user account? Thanks

17 hours ago, exile360 said:

Yes, the same programs will still be installed but the new account would have its own HKCU registry hive and I was hoping that would fix it, but you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes from the new user account to see if it helps.

Ok, i'll try it

17 hours ago, exile360 said:

Did you already run Windows Update?

Yes

OK, once you've tried those options if the problem still continues then please post a fresh set of logs by running the Support Tool again so I can see how things look after doing all of that:

1. Download and run the Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Accept the EULA and click Advanced tab on the left (not Start Repair)
  3. Click the Gather Logs button, and once it completes, attach the zip file it creates on your desktop to your next reply

Thanks

I don't know why but it worked now on the new user account. I uninstalled and reinstalled MBAM and also i could ran mbsupport tool. Here's the zip file:

However, it still won't run on my main user account

Ps: i executed mbsupport tool twice because it was not saving on the new user account, only on my main user account. Sorry for that

mbst-grab-results.zip

This is why it wouldn't save in the new user account I believe:

User Account: Teste mbam

Account Level: Limited User

The account needs to be an admin account, not a limited user account.  You can change that by going back into your original user account and then following the instructions on this page beneath where it says Granting Administrative Privileges to change your new user account into an administrative user account.

Once that's done, restart your system and log into your new user account and verify that Malwarebytes is still working properly and that you can run the Support Tool from the new user account and save its files in the new user account.

Once all of that is completed, assuming everything works OK now, you should go ahead and start migrating your files/documents over from your original user account to your new account as you'll need to use the new user account from now on because something has unfortunately damaged your old user account and that's why Malwarebytes and the Support Tool aren't working there normally as they should so continuing to use it could prove problematic in the future.  Once you've got everything moved over you may either leave your old account as it is or delete it; the choice is up to you, however I would strongly advise against trying to use it in the future just because we have no way of knowing at this point the full extent of the issue and what other problems it may lead to down the road.

26 minutes ago, exile360 said:

This is why it wouldn't save in the new user account I believe:

The account needs to be an admin account, not a limited user account.  You can change that by going back into your original user account and then following the instructions on this page beneath where it says Granting Administrative Privileges to change your new user account into an administrative user account.

Once that's done, restart your system and log into your new user account and verify that Malwarebytes is still working properly and that you can run the Support Tool from the new user account and save its files in the new user account.

Once all of that is completed, assuming everything works OK now, you should go ahead and start migrating your files/documents over from your original user account to your new account as you'll need to use the new user account from now on because something has unfortunately damaged your old user account and that's why Malwarebytes and the Support Tool aren't working there normally as they should so continuing to use it could prove problematic in the future.  Once you've got everything moved over you may either leave your old account as it is or delete it; the choice is up to you, however I would strongly advise against trying to use it in the future just because we have no way of knowing at this point the full extent of the issue and what other problems it may lead to down the road.

That's too much to do. Guess i'll just reboot on safe mode when i need to update or run any program related to MBAM

It's not so much, just the one step now that you're on 8.1:

1. For Windows 8.1 users, you can make this change right from the PC Settings. From the Other Accounts section, click an account name and then click Edit. From the Account Type drop-down list select Administrator and then click OK.

After that you can migrate your documents over to the new user account.  You should be able to accomplish that by going to the other account's folders under C:\Users\Victor and right-clicking on the My Documents folder and selecting Copy then opening another window and going to C:\Users\Teste mbam and right-clicking in a blank area of the folder and selecting Paste or by simply bringing that window into focus by clicking on it and pressing CTRL+V on your keyboard.  Do the same thing for your original account's My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, Favorites, Downloads and Desktop folders, and for each one when asked if you want to merge them click Yes and if prompted about replacing files click the checkbox next to Do this for all conflicts and click Copy and Replace and you should be pretty much set.

2 hours ago, exile360 said:

It's not so much, just the one step now that you're on 8.1:

1. For Windows 8.1 users, you can make this change right from the PC Settings. From the Other Accounts section, click an account name and then click Edit. From the Account Type drop-down list select Administrator and then click OK.

After that you can migrate your documents over to the new user account.  You should be able to accomplish that by going to the other account's folders under C:\Users\Victor and right-clicking on the My Documents folder and selecting Copy then opening another window and going to C:\Users\Teste mbam and right-clicking in a blank area of the folder and selecting Paste or by simply bringing that window into focus by clicking on it and pressing CTRL+V on your keyboard.  Do the same thing for your original account's My Music, My Pictures, My Videos, Favorites, Downloads and Desktop folders, and for each one when asked if you want to merge them click Yes and if prompted about replacing files click the checkbox next to Do this for all conflicts and click Copy and Replace and you should be pretty much set.

Ok, thanks for your help. Sorry for taking your time