Mbam freezing Explorer

First off great product. I'm impressed by its speed and ability to find (and remove) most malware I have come across. Having said that, there is a major problem that I have not been able to resolve on my own. I have installed version 1.41 and my computer keeps freezing multiple times a day. The only way to unfreeze is to hard reset. I think I've managed to narrow it down to this: when my AV (Sophos) auto updates, and I use explorer (open a window/program) the computer freezes. I've added Mbam to the exception rules on Sophos but I still get this problem. I don't believe there is an exception list for Mbam. Any help in resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Root Admin

Well I think you must be mistaken on the version of MBAM as 1.41 was only released a couple hours ago.

Is this a registered version of MBAM with an icon in the task tray ? If so you can send an email to helpdesk@malwarebytes.org and they can assist you further.

If this is not a registered version then I don't see how we really can conflict with your Anti-Virus as we don't load except to run a scan.