Mark_Albrosco

Is Bluestacks App Player a safe application / bluestacks.com a safe site?

Considering downloading the Blue Stacks Apps Player from www.bluestacks.com to use for security camera viewer (HIK vision's iVMS 4500).

Virus Total listed the site as safe 0/66, the community has a +34 score - 84 thumbs up and 33 thumbs down.

Appreciate any help I can get.

Hello,

what do you mean, the Android Emmulator for Pc, from this Source:  https://www.bluestacks.com/ 

Or what ?

In this case, that i above mentioned is PUP, and other crap included.😯

MAM

I've never had any problems with it, but I have heard from others in the thread about it. I haven't run it on a main PC ever, but on a laptop I don't use often or a VM it should be fine.

4 minutes ago, speedyplane2247 said:

I've never had any problems with it, but I have heard from others in the thread about it. I haven't run it on a main PC ever, but on a laptop I don't use often or a VM it should be fine.

Hello,

well install Bluestacks, on your Pc, and run a scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and you see the result´s.

MAM

MAM - re: your question on reason for using it.

I have a HIK Vision NVR, and want to view it remotely from my PC using the iVMS 4500 application.

But the application is meant for mobile device OS platforms. When I searched for the iVMS 4500 download for Windows 10, it was suggested that I install bluestacks and this would allow the iVMS 4500 application to run in the emulator on the PC.