MAXBAR1

Privazer, damages the system?

I had asked in this post but I was advised to address my request here.

I use Privazer software (donor version which has some extra features) to do maintenance on my Windows 10 1809 system.
I wanted to ask if you think the above application can damage my system, in which case I will remove it immediately.
I attach the Malwarebytes support tool log, performed after global update and complete scan with Malwarebytes, if needed.
Thanks to those who want to help me
Greetings
Massimiliano

mbst-grab-results.zip

As already mentioned above, this program is snake oil.  You don't need it.  Most of what it claims it will do is already build into Windows and you can use CCleaner to clean up temp files if you wanted to.

I would remove it from my computer.

11 minutes ago, Firefox said:

you can use CCleaner

I can even delete it if it is useless. Surely I will not use CCleaner because it gives me even less confidence: I prefer to use only the Windows tools in that case.

Then use only the windows tools, the tools provided with windows have gotten a whole lot better in the years...

The reason why I used Privazer was mostly for privacy.
Indeed
- Removes cookies for privacy, but keeping the useful ones
- Remove invalid links from the Start menu.
- Delete history of recent and temporary files in Office programs.
- Delete history of recent, temporary and useless files of programs installed on your PC.
- Cleans the image thumbnail cache
- Clear auto-complete history on web browsers.
- Remove site thumbnails
- Delete the Microsoft Games from the history
- Delete file of the previous Windows installation
- Recover space from Windows Update
- Clean up Windows Prefetch (only unnecessary items)
- Disable hibernation to gain disk space

In light of all that exposed what do you think?

This program does what it says it does, its like CCleaner on steroids. I've tried it several times with no issues. Some find it overly aggressive though, in other words it may remove something that it shouldn't have such as a needed registry item. I wouldn't use it unless you are experienced enough to determine if a certain item should or should not be removed safely. In other words don't run this program blindly and delete everything it asks to. Safer option is CCleaner, best option is built in Windows tools.

Thanks @digmorcrusher. I will follow your advice (not that of CCleaner because I have found on the Internet several articles concerning privacy management not really transparent) but to use only the tools integrated into the system (I will keep the portable version of Privazer for rare needs).

Thanks again

A greeting

Massimiliano