m.novelcamp.net pop up s

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Brianwc, @Grimlich, @bud11, @imma, @77Vero, @Mahadev,

I working hard to try to find a solution for all of you.  Looking at two different Apps Reports which list all the apps on a device, I'm not finding any red flags of your typical Adware.

Let's try a couple of things to see if it solves the issues.

1. Go to Settings > Apps > Chrome
    1. In the App info, go to Storage
      1. Press Clear Cache
        1. Press Manage Space
          1. Press Manage under All site storage, including cookies and other locally stored data
            1. Two options here:
              1. Press Clear Site Storage... to clear all site data
              2. Find the offending site(s) (m.novelcamp.net) and click on it in list
                1. Press Clear & Reset

Let me know if this works for anyone.

Also, if you like to send me an Apps Report and already haven't, that would be very helpful.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.

2.Tap the Menu icon.

3. Tap Your apps.

4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.

5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included. Send the Apps Report to create a ticket.

Private Message (PM) me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

I understand this is frustrating for all of you.  Trust me, it's frustrating for me as well, and I'm doing my best to find a solution.

Nathan

1 hour ago, bud11 said:

i followed lumen recommendation to remove videoder, it seems the pop up now disappear (yeah!). im sure videoder is the culprit

I kinda hoping this is not true since I need the ap and paid to remove ads. I snt them an email too. But I will Prob Uninstall on one of my android phones and check results. Its funny the only pop those pages up every few days and it will use chrome or Samsung browser so far my case. 

Bonjour à tous

12 hours ago, mbam_mtbr said:

@Brianwc,

Yeah, I saw that not everyone had exactly videoder, but they could have another third party app that has the same Ad SDK causing the issue.  I installed it onto a test device to see if the pop ups start.  I'll keep researching it.

Nathan

Bonjour

Voici ce qu'ont donné mes recherches ...

Cordialement

novelcamp 1.png

novelcamp2.png

Hi @Brianwc, @Grimlich, @bud11, @imma, @77Vero, @Mahadev,

So far, here are my findings.

It appears there is a correlation with the third party APK site en.uptodown.com.  Furthermore, m.novelcamp.net and other sites seen are all related to a the site BatMobi.  There is actually a direct reference to BatMobi in the app  package name: com.rahul.videoderbeta app name:  Videoder Video Downloader ( @Brianwc).  I was able to create a detection for this —  Android/Adware.BatMobi.NC. 

However, others don't have this app, and I have yet to find detections — don't worry, I'm working hard to find something.  In the meantime, if you have any of these apps, I suggest uninstalling to see if it fixes the issue:

com.snaptube.premium      Snaptube @imma
devian.tubemate.v3      TubeMate @Mahadev
Anything else downloades/installed from en.uptodown.com — especially under category Video and Audio Downloaders

If you are hesitate to uninstall, it also may be worth trying to clear the cache on these apps as they all have built in browsers.  This could explain why clearing the cache on Google Chrome doesn't work, because the stored info causing the pop ups may be within these browsers instead.  Worth a try!

I'll keep working away at this issue.

Please let me know if any of this works,

Nathan

Edited by mbam_mtbr

I have already uninstalled tubemate. But just now when i updated a app in play store. After update this link opened automatically in chrome.

https://m.novelcamp.net/?p=4A6B1E8774E25418B002835535545B52&geo=IN&sv=518&gaid=41eb1092-0dae-4314-bac3-5234a5df32ae&pbl=9E55C7D7B3524808BCD13C1FFF9B1FB0&sn=etap_5.1.8&flow=0&utm_source=201&url=m.novelcamp.net

Above link opens after redirect of this link looks like in this photo. I m unable to trace this link shown in photo. One time i stopped internet when this link opened. After search in my google this link looks like this. But it cannot be copied.

IMG_20190223_190329.jpg