Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.41 released

OK Here it goes....

Winxp sp3 all updates

McAfee Enterprise 8.7.0i

First I installed McAfee

Second I installed Malwarebytes and enabled protection

Third I followed instructions for modifing McAfee settings from Here

Also have registry keys for delayed start of malwarebytes

Rebooted a couple of times, and so far so good.

Ran a Quick Scan

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41

Database version: 2777

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/11/2009 1:06:16 AM

mbam-log-2009-09-11 (01-06-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 105871

Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 46 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Will let you know if I run into any errors.

Works just fine on the 5150 inspiron, No Issues... Thanks MBAM pro version

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41

Database version: 2777

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

9/11/2009 12:55:26 AM

mbam-log-2009-09-11 (00-55-26).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 87820

Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 44 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

I've just updated to version 1.41 and it's working well. Much as the IP Protection function is appreciated, I find the constant notifications in the taskbar rather irritating - is there a method to disable notifications without IP Protection also?

Another subscriber to this thread mentioned an auto-update capability, I thoroughly agree this would be a great idea..!

Thanks for the good work.

Another subscriber to this thread mentioned an auto-update capability, I thoroughly agree this would be a great idea..!

Thanks for the good work.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you mean, but there's a box you can check under the Protection tab that enables you to set a time for automatic updates once a day. This feature has been there for as long as I've used MBAM, so perhaps you're referring to something else?

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you mean, but there's a box you can check under the Protection tab that enables you to set a time for automatic updates once a day. This feature has been there for as long as I've used MBAM, so perhaps you're referring to something else?

Thanks for your reply. I have that option set on my system to 1pm, when I know I'll be connected (usually). I was thinking along the lines of an auto update at startup - much as with ESET Smart Security. I generally do a manual update check once morning and once night time anyway and that's become something of a habit anyways.

Any thoughts on the IP Protection popups? Is anyone else getting this (substancially), and a trifle miffed at having to close it each time it pops up?

Regards, divo

Hello BAM and Manide

Please do not alter the install and it should work properly. Certainly you don't go around randomly deleting files from installation programs and then contact the publisher to complain that it isn't working.

Cheers

I don't necessarily agree with this and I'll tell you why. I speak the English language and only the English language. My operating systems on all of my computers are set to use the English language. Why would I want other language files (regardless of size) on my computer if they don't need to be there? I'll give you an example of a program where I do delete the language files and the program still works fine: CCleaner. I delete the "lang" folder and everything still works. I'm not saying you are wrong, just stating my opinion.