ParanoiaBoy

Smite (videogame) quarantined as ransomware.

hello everybody, i need your help please,

today Smite (a videogame made by Hi-rez) had a big update. when i logged in, malwarebytes quarantined the game as ransomware!!

is it real or a false positive?  i'm attaching the log

thank you!

smite_ransom.txt

Hi,

This is a generic detection (behavior detection). Please let me know if this detection is still happening as of now.

If it is, please zip and attach the smite.exe file, so we can have a look. In case it's too big to upload here, please upload it to Virustotal instead: https://virustotalcloud.appspot.com/nui/index.html#/home/upload and post the link here afterwards for the uploaded file, so we can download from there.

Thanks!

hello, i can't tell you if it is still happening as of now, since the game developers are still fixing the game after the big update so i can't launch the game properly.

anyway, here is the virustotal scan of the file that you requested :)

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/30ab8a5a1abf6c9daf0a512123a5f771987dfbcbb08e222615b5e3373031b540/detection

Thanks.

I can't reproduce detection on this anymore, so this has been fixed in a meanwhile already. :)

thanks!

so it was just a false positive? i wonder why it got detected :)

thanks again for your support, really appreciated!

Yes, it was a false positive. It was a generic detection by our antiransomware engine (behavior detection).

Wow Fast!! Thanks, Team!!!  had to turn off Malwarebytes to allow the game to play, have not tried since post 7 hours ago.