LiquidTension

Malwarebytes 3.7 - Help Malwarebytes Find Bugs

I keep receiving a pop up from MBAM. it says something about helping to fix bugs, and it says to report it if the pop up happens more than once, Well, it has happened over three times now, so here I am. I ran the MBAM support tool, and it did *something* and said mbam was fixed. It would be nice in future versions - if possible, for the support tool to give details on what fixes were performed by the support tool, like maybe some sort of change log or something. anyways, I have included the gathered logs. if anything else is needed to be uploaded, "just ask and yee shall receive".

mbst-grab-results.zip

Thanks for confirming.

This message was displayed as you are opted into the Beta Updates channel (Settings > Beta Application Updates). The data received from this test has helped us identify an issue.

We've disabled the message for the time being so you should no longer see it at this current time.

17 minutes ago, LiquidTension said:

Thanks for confirming.

This message was displayed as you are opted into the Beta Updates channel (Settings > Beta Application Updates). The data received from this test has helped us identify an issue.

We've disabled the message for the time being so you should no longer see it at this current time.

Hi @LiquidTension

Strangely I was getting this popup even though I had unchecked Beta Application Updates after a MBAM Premium reinstall. Hopefully your fix will come my way as well or do I have to reactivate Beta Application Updates?

18 hours ago, SB778 said:

Here is mine

On another topic:

Have you seen "freeze" issue on Win 7 64bit with MB version 3.7.1.2839 component Ver 1.0.538?  Last few days I have been experiencing random freezes

mbst-grab-results.zip

Using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 and MBAM 3.7.1.2839 and component pacakage 1.0.538, no freezes here. two things I could suggest though. try setting up your system so only M$ services and MBAM start up at boot and see if the freezes still occur, and also (while everything else is still loading at boot), try out the software process lasso. If it is unable to solve the issue automatically (by doing  better process management that what windows is capable of doing) , it might at least point out if there is a program conflict that is causing the freeze. I originally got process lasso back when I was running win10 in 2015. but after I was forced to go back to windows 7, I have continued using it. It's a great program.

*NOTE to forum mods - sorry for plugging another companies program here. Don't know what the rules on this are, so I'm apologizing just in case.

32 minutes ago, COBKA said:

Hi @LiquidTension

Strangely I was getting this popup even though I had unchecked Beta Application Updates after a MBAM Premium reinstall. Hopefully your fix will come my way as well or do I have to reactivate Beta Application Updates?

We've now disabled the message for the time being, so you shouldn't see any further pop-ups. Re-enabling the Beta Application Updates setting isn't required.

don't suppose you or the MBAM dev team would be willing to reveal what the bug that seemingly everyone was having was that was triggering the popup?

Please explain what the pop up message was about.

Thank you for the great response and the logs! We really appreciate it!

We were chasing this bug because it was reported that some messages were showing up multiple times when we only want to display them once. We found and intend to fix it but we may ask you for additional help in making sure our fix works!