LiquidTension

Malwarebytes 3.7 - Help Malwarebytes Find Bugs

Hello Malwarebytes 3.7 Beta community!

If you see the Malwarebytes message depicted below more than once, please let us know by responding to this forum topic.

For those that see the message multiple times, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool by carrying out steps 4 and 5 in the topic linked below:
https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

image.png.bb6c252d820996dbea6ec67343c85e9b.png

Thank you so very much to everyone who participates in our Beta programs. Your feedback is invaluable.

Edited by LiquidTension

What is this pop up for. It would have been nice to be given some information.

Hello @Jackcinnaples & @MikeW & @roy1964:

@LiquidTension will likely expand on Post #1.  Until then, only so much can be discovered during Alpha testing by Quality Assurance and public Beta testing before release/RTM.  For only those of you who likely saw the window twice or more appear, described and illustrated by the attached Portable Network Graphic (.png) image in Post #1, please follow the instructions in the hotlink and download & run the Malwarebytes Support Tool only in the passive "Gather Logs" mode and then attach the produced mbst-grab-results.zip archive in a reply to this topic.

Your co-operation and understanding are always highly appreciated.

Edited by 1PW

I only asked what it was about, didn't need a lecture

The "Help Fix Bugs" pop-up has come up up more than once on my home screen. This usually happens after I start my laptop first thing in the morning. Attache is the file created by the Malware support Tool.

Best Regards,

Bassplayersal

mbst-grab-results.zip

Same as above: Ran program , deleted and re-installed Malwarebytes. Still get pop up window.  Please put someone on a fix to this aversion as soon as possible as it is starting to annoy quite a few of your customers.

mbst-clean-results.txt

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this.  I will notify the Product team of this issue and will alert a member of the staff to respond here as soon as he is available, most likely on Monday if not sooner.  I suspect there is a reason this is occurring that they saw coming as the alert contains instructions to inform them if the pop-up is displayed more than once so thank you for reporting this.

@LiquidTension, can you please take a look?  It appears this customer is seeing the beta/'help us fix bugs' notification/pop-up repeatedly.

I had the beta applications updates turned on without this popup but did a clean removal and reinstall today, turned beta applications updates off and now this popumbst-grab-results.zipp has started occurring ( 3 times so far today since the reinstall.