ajbsalem

3.7 Beta & 18323

1 hour ago, John L. Galt said:

has a pair of ASUS 'laptops' (netbooks, really) with 32 GB EMMC on board -

As someone who deals with computer repair for home users, I wish all MFG's would stop selling these systems with those soldered on emmc chips/drives. In this Windows 10 age, I believe no Win 10 system of any type should be sold with less than 120 gigs for the following reason. End users should not have to search for ways to update their systems since MS insists it is done automatically twice a year. 

1 hour ago, John L. Galt said:

makes for havoc every time Windows wants to perform even normal upgrades, as it never has the required 8+ GB free.

After the first time a user has to have me "assist" with a feature update $$ most cut their losses and get a real laptop.

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

As someone who deals with computer repair for home users, I wish all MFG's would stop selling these systems with those soldered on emmc chips/drives. In this Windows 10 age, I believe no Win 10 system of any type should be sold with less than 120 gigs for the following reason. End users should not have to search for ways to update their systems since MS insists it is done automatically twice a year.  

After the first time a user has to have me "assist" with a feature update $$ most cut their losses and get a real laptop.

I wholeheartedly agree.  It's disconcerting, to say the least, that a manufacturer would put out a machine that isn't physically capable of even getting the OS system updates unless it is completely pristine, with nothing installed except what came on the machine OOB - and even then, it gets hanky.  My friend and his wife installed absolutely nothing, but it had a trial version of Office, which they purchased - bingo, 1.6 GB less space.

Sigh.

I don't mind capitalism - but when you do anything for a buck, I get incensed.  ^$ GB of EMMC would not have been that much more to pay for, and that would be sufficient unless a user decided to go crazy, which would then be on the user, not the manufacturer.

Oh, and we're in the same business - that is my bread and butter.

Edited by John L. Galt

That is why I don't recommend NetBooks to anyone, I tell them to steer away...

Just some notes on the newest Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18329
This was just released late afternoon Friday February 1.
This is still a test build.  It is a part of MS bug bash.

Microsoft lists known issues, including this notation
Some of the Real-Time Protection options for Malwarebytes Premium are not able to be turned on.

NOTE: That line appears to be Microsoft's way of acknowledging reports from the 18323 build flight.

Customers reporting back on build 18329 have reported doing normal with both MB 3.7.0 & MB 3.6.1.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/01/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18329/

Edited by Maurice Naggar
notes added

2 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

Some of the Real-Time Protection options for Malwarebytes Premium are not able to be turned on.
https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/01/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18329/

Cross your fingers, but right now with the new Insider Build 18329 ALL the Protections are ON.

That's very encouraging.   Bravo to you.   Did you do a new install of MB 3.7.0 ?

No, 3.6 had updated to 3.7 and I just finished getting Insider Build 18329.

@Maurice Naggar

I'm about to clean install 18329 on my machine this weekend, will give it a whirl and see how it goes.  *Fingers crossed*

Thank you everyone for the feedback. Please let us know if you notice any further issues with Malwarebytes and Windows 10 build 18329.

The problem with right click was this:

Notifications must be turned ON when u update. If turned off (and I had turned them off), Malwarebytes' scan option won't appear in the Windows context menu if u upgrade a new version above it with this option disabled.

For details i send u a personal conversation.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:21 AM, Maurice Naggar said:

NOTE: That line appears to be Microsoft's way of acknowledging reports from the 18323 build flight.

Customers reporting back on build 18329 have reported doing normal with both MB 3.7.0 & MB 3.6.1.

I'm on the fast ring but am not being offered build 18329 - I checked a few minutes ago (midday GMT Monday 11th February 2019)

How can I get build 18329?

31 minutes ago, PetrolDave said:

I'm on the fast ring but am not being offered build 18329 - I checked a few minutes ago (midday GMT Monday 11th February 2019)

How can I get build 18329?

Hello @PetrolDave:

Could it be because it was superseded by a preview build later than 18329?

HTH

Edited by 1PW

On 2/11/2019 at 1:31 PM, 1PW said:

Hello @PetrolDave:

Could it be because it was superseded by a preview build later than 18329?

HTH

That's really strange - I'm on the fast ring but my W10 device insists that there are no updates after 18323???