10 minutes ago, Maurice Naggar said:

@Imod   That is encouraging.   Do keep us advised on how it goes over the next few days.   Did you to a fresh install of MB 3.7.0 ?

No fresh install, I had installed 3.7.0 the day it was issued.

I have also installed the new W10 build on my Surface Pro 4 which is enrolled in the "Skip Ahead flight" ([so the W10 was delayed for a few hours] later than the desktop.) Again, no fresh install of Malwarebytes 3.7.0. All protections are enabled on that system also. and a Threat Scan, with Root Kit check, has completed successfully.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/29/2019 at 12:10 PM, Corrine said:

As additional information, it was specifically stated by Microsoft personnel at the Windows Insider "Mixer" (mixer.com/windowsinsider) this afternoon that Microsoft is aware of the issue with Malwarebytes and is definitely working on it. 

For all MS Windows Insiders:

I updated my Windows Insider Build to 18329.19H1 (previously 18323.19H1 that had the MWB issue). Yes I experienced the anomaly as well. I reported it through Feedback Hub.

So far, after updating to 18329.19H1, all the "off" settings are now fixed. 

I'm wondering if the MWB glitch was due the changes and implementation of the "Windows Security App Experience" that was announced when 19H1 was released?

See here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-19h1-update-to-introduce-windows-security-app-improvements/

See the latest build Blog here: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/02/01/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18329/

Flight Hub on build status here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/flight-hub/

Zephyr87

Hi John:

I'm running version 3.6.1.2711, component package version 1.0.527, Update package version 1.0.9104.

My old HP laptop (circa 2011 BIOS code) has W10 Home Insider version Build 18329.19H1_release.190129-1504

Zephyr87

Cool, I wasn't sure if it was the Beta or stable.  Glad to know *both* are working much better with 18329 than they did with 18323.

My desktop (the newest machine I have) is a original generation Core i7 965 EE based machine, whose BIOS was last Updated in 2011 as well.  But I've upgraded just about every other component in it (same PSU since I built it in 2011, same case, and same KB - that's it lol).

I'm still in the process of finishing up the clean install of 18329 on it, but I'm happy to know I can install either stable or Beta and have it working correctly.