Newest Windows 10 Insider (18323) has turned off Protections

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staff
1 minute ago, ch3mn3y said:

3.7.1.2839 (not sure if beta?) disabled web protection, so there are only 2/4 protections are enabled right now. With 3.7.0 there were 3/4, so now it's not Windows thing.

I'm still on 18323.

No DDA error.

mbst-grab-results.zip

Hello,

With 3.7.0 on 18323, Web Protection is disabled. The fact the user interface indicates it's enabled on 18323 is caused by a user interface mismatch; not because the protection component is actually enabled.

Please consider updating to Windows 10 build 18329 and you should find all protection components are enabled.

Just now, LiquidTension said:

Hello,

With 3.7.0 on 18323, Web Protection is disabled. The fact the user interface indicates it's enabled on 18323 is caused by a user interface mismatch; not because the protection component is actually enabled.

Please consider updating to Windows 10 build 18329 and you should find all protection components are enabled.

Ahh, OK. Unortunately my region (PL-PL) didn't get 18329 update for Pro edition of Win10... I have to wait for a change or next build.

I've asked one of the resident Windows 10 Experts over at tenforums if it may be possible, using a conglomeration of 1 or more tutorials there, to grab the English 18329 Pro build and apply a language pack to it to get you to be able to install 18329 Pro PL-PL that you would basically make yourself.

One other thought, though - you could still use the UUPDump site to download the previous build (18317) or any other build that *is* available for PL-PL at the Pro level and manually install from USB (which should have no problem being installed, IIRC), thereby fixing your MB3 protection until either M$ releases the Pro PL-PL build of 18329, or else releases a new build that has Pro PL-PL...

Though that might also be an adventure in and of itself lol...

Edited by John L. Galt
1 minute ago, John L. Galt said:

I've asked one of the resident Windows 10 Experts over at tenforums if it may be possible, using a conglomeration of 1 or more tutorials there, to grab the English 18329 Pro build and apply a language pack to it to get you to be able to install 18329 Pro PL-PL that you would basically make yourself.

One other thought, though - you could still use the UUPDump site to download the previous build (18317) or any other build that *is* available for PL-PL at the Pro level and manually install from USB (which should have no problem being installed, IIRC), thereby fixing your MB3 protection until either M$ releases the Pro PL-PL build of 18329, or else releases a new build that has Pro PL-PL...

Though that might also be an adventure in and of itself lol...

Thanks for the ideas. I'm still thinking if it's worth it or if I should wait.

2 questions:
1. With language pack I would have PL-PL or e.g. Eng Win10 when considering future updates.
2. If I install English Win10 over my PL-PL I will end with English 18329? It shouldn't break the setup?
I wouldn't mind having Windows in English. I keep it that way for sake of my family and friends - that way it's easier for me to help them, as I'm sure of the names in Polish of all things thet are there in Windows. For myself I could use it that way and if it won;'t break anything I'm going to update it.

One thing I'm sure: I won't be downgrading ;)