Mac licensing through CLI

Greetings,

Unfortunately I do not believe that there is any alternate means of activating the Mac product via any kind of scripting or automation, only through the UI.  I found this support article on the subject and I also checked the Malwarebytes for Mac product documentation found here.

In fact, I don't believe there is even any CLI/scripting support for the Windows consumer product either (though the business product does have an API/command line interface support) so even on Windows there is no way to activate the product without going through the UI.

That said, you should be able to activate the product on any device via the My Account feature by signing into My.Malwarebytes.com as documented here.

Edited by exile360

3 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

Unfortunately I do not believe that there is any alternate means of activating the Mac product via any kind of scripting or automation, only through the UI.  I found this support article on the subject and I also checked the Malwarebytes for Mac product documentation found here.

In fact, I don't believe there is even any CLI/scripting support for the Windows consumer product either (though the business product does have an API/command line interface support) so even on Windows there is no way to activate the product without going through the UI.

That said, you should be able to activate the product on any device via the My Account feature by signing into My.Malwarebytes.com as documented here.

Exile, 

Sorry for not specifying earlier, but I am in fact using the business version of Malwarebytes for Mac. I am currently using Malwarebytes-Mac-3.5.27.1798 as part of the Malwarebytes_Endpoint_Security_1.9.0.0002 package. Is it still the case that there is no CLI support for registering the product? We have to do this on a per device basis and want to automate it on installation.

10 minutes ago, exile360 said:

Greetings,

Just realized I post this in the Home section. My apologies. I'll created another post in the correct section.

Is there anyway to license the Mac client for Malwarebytes through CLI? After looking into it, I found the /register PRODUCT-KEY arguments for the windows client, but could not replicate this on the Mac client. Currently using Malwarebytes-Mac-3.5.27.1798 as part of the Malwarebytes_Endpoint_Security_1.9.0.0002 package. We have to license these on a per device basis, and would like to automate it during install. Installation details can be provided if needed.

No problem at all.  I dug around but still couldn't locate any relevant documentation unfortunately.  That doesn't necessarily mean that it's not possible, just that I couldn't find it.  A member of the Malwarebytes staff will be able to address your question and point you in the right direction of any relevant documentation.

Good luck, and I hope there is some kind of option available to make this easier for you to deploy.

1 hour ago, gonzo said:

I checked with our guy who wrote the code, and he said there is not a way to do what you requested.  He also said he would respond to this thread himself tonight or tomorrow..

Thanks for the information gonzo. I'm interested to see if he can provide anymore insight.

hello,

i am still on MalwareBytes trial version (macos mojave). clicked on the beta option. remain on trial. can I update it to the beta version or do 

i have to wait for the trial period to end? I do not not see install updates option on MB version for mac.

any help would be appreciated. 

best wishes

zeke