Lifetime Key

Hello.

I am 68 as of Feb. 2, Groundhog Day.  I live on Social Security and things are ALWAYS very tight bill-wise.  Can someone please tell me how to go about getting a lifetime license for "Maalwarebytes".  For MANY years, I have heard nothing but GOOD regarding the software, the company providing it, and of course all the great community members regarding said software.

I finally had a reason for downloading and using the software.  A software was installed on my system accidentally, and no matter what, I just could not get rid of it; even through the registry.  It was ByteFence!!!  Grrrrrrrrrr!

Of course, now I am in LOVE with "Malwarebytes", but not-so-much to justify an annual charge for using the PRO version; well, MAYBE $10/year.  I believe I could do that.  I know a LONG time ago, you could buy a lifetime key, and every-so-often, I think I have seen a promotional pop-up while browsing.

I will truly appreciate help regarding this.  My S.S. just barely gets me by year after year.

Thank you to any and all that respond to my need.

• Staff

Greetings,

Unfortunately lifetime licenses for Malwarebytes haven't been available for several years now and they are no longer offered.  That said, you might be able to find a reseller selling old stock of lifetime license keys, however I would advise extreme caution as more often than not such offers are scams and the licenses being sold are pirated and are likely to either not work, or end up being blacklisted so that they eventually stop working.

I would suggest keeping an eye out for promotions offering discounts on the yearly subscription though, as you might come across one in your price range at some point.

In the meantime, there are a few free offerings from Malwarebytes that you may use to help keep your system safe.  The first is a browser extension that uses the same block database as the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes Premium to block bad websites.  It is available for both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.  You can find out more about the browser extension and download it at the following links:

Chrome
Firefox

The primary differences between the browser extension and the Web Protection feature in Malwarebytes 3 is that the browser extension only protects your web browser rather than your entire system the way Malwarebytes Premium does, however the browser extension does have some advantages over Malwarebytes Premium, including behavior based blocking of new/unknown malicious sites of certain types including tech support scam sites and phishing sites and it also includes blocking for many ads as well as tracking servers to help guard your privacy and speed up your web browsing experience and it also blocks many clickbait sites/links; all categories of undesirable sites that the Web Protection feature in Malwarebytes Premium doesn't currently block (it doesn't block ads, tracking servers or clickbait sites/links, and it lacks the behavior based blocking for the other types I mentioned).  Also, if you ever do purchase Malwarebytes, you may continue using the browser extension as they are fully compatible with one another.

Next, I would suggest installing the standalone version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit which is available here.  It offers the same protection from exploits as Malwarebytes 3 which makes it extremely valuable as the Exploit Protection in Malwarebytes Premium is by far the single most proactive preventative protection component in the product because it stops the most common types of malware attacks (web based exploits and document exploits from malicious email attachments etc.) in their tracks very early in the process before any infections are able to download to your system (the exploit phase of an attack is at the very start of most malware attacks, including the vast majority of ransomware attacks and other infection attacks).

You don't get all of the protection in Malwarebytes Premium, but between the two of those tools you do get a significant amount of valuable protection for free which you may run alongside a free or paid antivirus (including Windows Defender which is included in Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 as well as Microsoft Security Essentials which is available for free for Windows Vista and 7 users).

Finally, if you're willing to go without the free version of Malwarebytes to use as an on-demand scanner/remediation tool, you may download and install the Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware Beta which is available here.  It provides the same behavior based protection from ransomware to monitor all processes in real-time to check for ransomware behavior and to stop and quarantine any ransomware threats it detects based on that behavior.  This module is more reactive as it only goes into effect if a ransomware infection has successfully infiltrated your system and is running in memory and attempting to encrypt your files; this is because this module is designed to detect ransomware threats by catching them in the act during the attack.  It is not the most proactive protection component in Malwarebytes Premium, but is a great last layer of defense against ransomware if all else fails.  Just be aware as I mentioned, that you will need to remove the free version of Malwarebytes 3 from your system to use it because they share several of the same files/components and cannot be installed together on the same system so you'll have to choose one or the other, though both should be fully compatible with the other free tools I've already mentioned.

Please let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with or any additional questions we might answer for you.

Thanks

Actually, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomeware products are not available for the Mac, at least not now and I'm unaware that there is any plan to implement them in the future. And my understanding is that any Lifetime licenses you might find still available for sale will not work with Malwarebytes for Mac.

The Chrome and Firefox extensions are available for use on Mac browsers, but not Safari yet.

Also, you can use Malwarebytes for Mac without Premium features for free.

Edited by alvarnell

So you are using a Windows PC and not an Apple Mac? If so, you can ignore what I said, but since you posted this in the Mac forum, I naturally thought you had a Mac. In that case the conversation should be moved to Windows.