Lifetime license key not working

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe there is "Lifetime Licenses" for Mac Computers. I know there were Lifetime Licenses for PC because I have 4 of them but not for Mac's

• Staff

There are a couple problems with that, unfortunately:

1) Malwarebytes for Mac does not accept lifetime keys

2) We haven't sold lifetime keys in quite a while

This means that what you purchased on Amazon was not actually legitimate. Notice that the Malwarebytes icon used by the seller is an extremely old one which we haven't used in some time. We also haven't sold a product named "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro" in a long time. The seller scammed you.

Can you provide additional details about the seller on Amazon that you purchased this from? I'd like to pass this information on to our legal department to look at getting that seller removed from Amazon. I'd also appreciate if you would be willing to send me a direct message with the key that they sold you, so that we can investigate it. You can send me a direct message by hovering your mouse over my name or avatar at left, then clicking the Message button.

It will also be important to file a fraud report with Amazon. I would expect that they should give you a refund, though I can't speak for Amazon of course.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/200444420?language=en-US&ref=mpbc_200414340_cont_200444420

Amazon does not sell software from third party sellers. They only sell from the developers. That is why I purchase there. They are honorable. I suspect that Malwarebytes had a change of heart about these lifetime deals. I doubt that Amazon got duped . . though I suppose that it's always possible. At any rate they have already given me a refund. I noticed that you don't have any Mac license keys for sale at Amazon. Why is that? (I can imagine but would love to hear from you.) Oh and I know that my last 4 of my credit card were showing in the receipt. I wasn't worried but will make sure they don't show on this new copy :D

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 10.44.41 AM.png

• Staff

That is not actually true. Amazon does allow third-party sellers. See:

https://services.amazon.com/selling/getting-started.html

Malwarebytes does not currently sell license keys or retail boxes on Amazon. All such products are being sold by third-parties not affiliated with Malwarebytes, and we do not vouch for them. Any lifetime keys you see being sold - on Amazon or elsewhere - are pirated keys.

We don't currently sell Mac-specific license keys. You can purchase keys from our website, which will work in our Mac, Windows, and Android products.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/pricing/

I would be very grateful if you would provide information about the seller and the key that they provided to you, so that we can investigate.

• Staff
20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Looking at your screenshot, This was ordered in January 2015.

Ahh, nice spot. I didn't see that.

The old lifetime license keys do not work on Mac, and never have. Our Mac product did not exist until July of 2015, and was free with no Premium functionality until July 31, 2017, at which time we had not been selling lifetime keys for several years, and Mac did not (and still does not) support them.

Ok ... so I read again the receipt and the product info page at Amazon and it does not say that it was for Mac. I am certain that it did say for Mac when I purchased but perhaps I am mistaken about that. I guess if I mistakenly purchased the Windows version and was using the free version, I may have never realized the error. Assuming this is the case.... is the liscence transferable ?

Ok ... so I read again the receipt and the product info page at Amazon and it does not say that it was for Mac. I am certain that it did say for Mac when I purchased but perhaps I am mistaken about that. I guess if I mistakenly purchased the Windows version and was using the free version, I may have never realized the error. Assuming this is the case.... is the liscence transferable ?