CU 527 Test Preview Build - AOK!

CU 527 was installed on top of CU 519 without any trouble on a W10Prox64 1803 17134.556 system.

No regressions have been seen.  A DTBS update and the first Threat scan were all OK.  All is well!

Congratulations to all customers and staff who contributed.

CU527.png

Edited by 1PW

39 minutes ago, BillH99999 said:

Working without any problems on Win10 Pro x64 version 1809.

Bill

Same here, Now if we can get all the ones using 7 to install and report back since they were the ones having the issues in the first place. Us win 10 users had no issues all along. 

I have been running component package 527 for over 48 hours now with no issues or freezes.

This is on a windows 7 64bit system that I first posted about here:

This system would lockup approx once every 24 hours, almost always when the system was idle and not in use.  I do however have some network cameras attached so even while idle it was using network traffic. One time it locked up while I resetting my router, other than that I was never able to reproduce the cause of the issue, it would just randomly lockup at least once every 24 hours.

Since installing 1.0.527 I have not had a freeze and I have been unable to cause a freeze or break anything.  I have spent considerable time trying to cause a freeze by resetting my router, using assorted cable speed tests online with different browsers, going into Devices and Printers in the control panel, and other assorted things reported on other topics from users with windows 7 freezes.  I also saw a MB expert or employee report the issue as being related to Win 7 multiprocessors and I have tried my best to overstress the cores with burn-in tools for my 4 cores with and without hyperthreading enabled.

Normally I would have had at least 2 maybe 3 lockups by now but everything has so far been working just fine.

I'll report again in a couple days or if I encounter a lockup.

Dave

One simple bug.

Prior to version replacement, Context Menu item "Scan with Malwarebytes" was enabled and present.

After the version replacement, Context Menu item "Scan with Malwarebytes" was enabled but was NOT present.

Had to toggle the setting for the Context Menu [ Disable and then Enable ] for it to again be present.

1 hour ago, David H. Lipman said:

One simple bug.

Prior to version replacement, Context Menu item "Scan with Malwarebytes" was enabled and present.

After the version replacement, Context Menu item "Scan with Malwarebytes" was enabled but was NOT present.

Had to toggle the setting for the Context Menu [ Disable and then Enable ] for it to again be present.

Can confirm, this happened on my system as well, Win10 1809

Hello All:

I never mean to be a contrarian.

In that W10 system (post #1), chosen for my CU 527 testing, the context menu entry j1Bynr2.png  Scan with Malwarebytes was present before, and is still present and functional.  My intervention was unnecessary.  I successfully retested that context menu entry just now.

To reiterate, my mb3-setup-consumer-3.6.1.2711-1.0.527-1.0.8817.exe install was made on-top-of a pre-existing CU 519 install.

Oy vey!

Hello @boombastik:

Unless Malwarebytes management/staff choose to amplify the content of the C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\changes.txt file that accompanied CU 527, the content of that file is the best authority.

Spoiler

Malwarebytes 3.6.1.2711

Performance/protective capability
•   Improved detection and remediation

Usability
•   Removed default monthly Scheduled Scan in Free mode
•   Updated the installer to allow installation to standalone Business mode when certain conditions are met

Stability/issues fixed
•   Fixed BSOD involving farflt.sys
•   Fixed issue with exclusion involving short filenames
•   Fixed issue where Real-Time Protection did not enable properly
•   Addressed other miscellaneous defects

HTH

9 minutes ago, 1PW said:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\changes.txt file that accompanied CU 527, the content of that file is the best authority.

I have installed that latest version however this file is unchanged for me an is dated 9/19/2018. It does not have today's date so I would assume this is not for the current build of 527, as it does not mention anything about the Freeze issue.

To follow up, I have over 4 days uptime now without a single problem.

My system would have defiantly locked up by now with the previous build.  I was getting lockups approx once every 24 hours and never was able to go more than a day and a half.

I recommend anyone using Windows 7 who had to turn off any of the features to update to this build.

Dave

17 hours ago, David H. Lipman said:

One simple bug.

Thank you for reporting this.

A fix is currently in test for this issue. If everything goes according to plan, it should be available in the next installer update. I will respond back to this topic once the update is released.