Slimware cleaner PUP

im not sure if i did it right i just downloaded the fixlist and pressed fix on FRST and it needed to restart and it didn't pop up to finish scanning and i scanned with adwcleaner to see if it got rid of the PUP and it still showed the PUP

Fixlog_23-01-2019 09.33.53.txt

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Root Admin

There is a mismatch on some configuration files for Avast. Please temporarily uninstall Avast and restart the computer.

Then run FRST again and make sure you place a check mark on the checkbox for the Additions.txt log.

The slimware utilities entry was removed. If it came back it will show in the new set of logs.

Thanks

• Root Admin

Okay, this will brute force remove some of the Avast items that won't remove themselves. Please run the fix below.

Why are you using the Standalone version of Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit? That is built-in to Malwarebytes 3 already.

Please run the 2 steps below.

STEP 1

Please download the attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST or FRST64 and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system.

Run FRST or FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
If the tool needs a restart please make sure you let the system restart normally and let the tool complete its run after restart.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please attach or post it to your next reply.

Note: If the tool warned you about an outdated version please download and run the updated version.

fixlist.txt

After the reboot move on to Step 2 below.

STEP 2

Let me have you try doing a clean removal and reinstall of Malwarebytes and see if that helps correct the issue or not.

Please download the Malwarebytes Support Tool and use it to do a Clean Removal and reinstall of Malwarebytes

• Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  • Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  • Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  • Place a check-mark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  • Click the Advanced menu on the left.

mbst_get_started.jpg.141f202702e5e21b4ff

• Click the CLEAN button

mbst_advanced_options.jpg.aea58d8506c579|

• A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed to remove Malwarebytes from your computer
  • Upon completion, click OK
  • Follow the onscreen prompts to reboot and reinstall Malwarebytes

Then let me know if you're still having issues with Malwarebytes.

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

No, it will not have the Protection Modules in the free version. Go ahead and uninstall Malwarebytes and if needed Anti-Exploit, then reinstall both of them and reboot.

Let me know if any issues

Yes, you will need some type of antivirus as the free version of Malwarebytes does not actively protect, it only cleans up after the fact. Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows 7 is too weak for an antivirus so yes I'd install Avast again once we're done here.

Ron