Android/Trojan.Agent.AXV has affected my device system file

My device (Tecno W2) with Android 6.0 Marshmallow is infected with a trojan virus. The first symptom I noticed was that Chrome will just open a random webpage, even if I close it, it will open up again, so I had to disable Chrome. Then, other things started happening like sudden display of random images on the home screen, and the images are also downloaded and saved on the device. I did a factory reset, but the virus is still there, so I now know it's in the root file. After the factory reset, once I connect to the internet, it will install an app called Magic, and then start downloading those images, and displaying them, and also open Chrome again and again. I could have put up with these, but then the device started slowing down and becoming laggy, even restarting itself.

I installed Malwarebytes and it always detect the virus and then uninstall the app 'Magic' and 'Settings', but then they will be installed again. So, the problem is removing the root infection in the device's system files, I searched and the only solution is for me to root the device and do some things, but I don't even know how to root the device and also how to remove the virus in the system files. Please help!

Hi @emmanuel_2u,

Well, the good news you won't have to root your device.  We have a method to uninstall system level apps (for current user) here: 

If you send me an Apps Report, I can tell you exactly what app is uninstall and look for other apps that may be causing issues.

To send an Apps Report with Malwarebytes for Android use the following instructions.

1.Open the Malwarebytes for Android app.

2.Tap the Menu icon.

3. Tap Your apps.

4. Tap three lines icon in upper right corner.

5. Tap Send to support

Choose an email app to send Apps Report.

Your email app will open with the Apps Report included. Send the Apps Report to create a ticket.

PM me the email used and/or the ticket number assigned.

In the meantime, if this is what I think it is, then using this command should uninstall:

adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.transsion.statisticalsales

Nathan