Computer locking up

As the title says the computer is locking up, I have run all diagnostics on the hardware and my OS (Windows 7 Pro) and tried all other tests I can think of, the only thing left would be some sort of hidden malware that is not being found during a standard malwarebytes test, I'm running MWB premium, version 3.6.1.271, Component version 1.0.508, Update package version 1.0.8684.

Anything that can be done to test deeper?????

I'm at a loss here...

Terryl

I

• Staff

Greetings,

It sounds like you are being affected by a known issue with component update 1.0.508 of Malwarebytes as reported by several other users as being discussed here.  It may be helpful if you would please follow the instructions in the Troubleshooting section of this post and post the requested logs and information in the first thread I linked to.

You will also find the two workarounds in the second topic I linked to which provide instructions on how to eliminate the issue until the problem in the latest build of Malwarebytes has been resolved by the Developers.  I would also recommend installing the Malwarebytes browser extension beta if you use Chrome (or any other Chromium based browser such as SRWare Iron or Vivaldi) or Mozilla Firefox as it will supplement the protection that would normally be provided by the Web Protection component in Malwarebytes 3, though only for your web browser rather than the entire system since it is just a browser plugin, though it does have certain advantages including blocking for many ads, tracking servers (to protect your privacy), clickbait sites as well as advanced behavior based blocking for new/unknown sites of certain malicious types such as tech support scam sites among others (capabilities beyond those contained in the Web Protection component of Malwarebytes 3) and once the issue with Web Protection is corrected you may continue to use the browser extension alongside it as they are fully compatible with one another.  You can find out more and download the browser extension at the following links:

Chrome
Firefox

I hope this helps and please let us know if there is anything else we might assist you with.

Thanks