zarthan

MB will not load until service is restarted

I have a Windows 7 machine where scheduled scans do not run. I can't launch the app until I restart the service. The next day, the scan has not happened and I must restart the service. In Task Manager the service still shows as running. In Services, it shows as started. I don't see any errors for MBAM in Event Viewer. This is extremely bothersome.

I have attached the logfiles.

mb-check-results.zip

I ran the repair tool Malwarebytes Support Tool yesterday. Logs attached. I don't know what the Support tool does other than uninstall and reinstall the app, but I had already tried that. If it fails again I will run the FRST tool and report. The scheduled scan ran one night then stopped so we will see.

mb-check-results.zip

Thank you, but the file you've attached is generated by a legacy tool.

I'm looking for the output created by the Malwarebytes Support Tool (mb-support-1.3.1.553.exe). Please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool, click Advanced (not Start Repair) and finally Gather Logs. A file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be created on your desktop. Please attach this file.

Edited by LiquidTension

Hi zarthan,

Please hold off on running the FRST fix above (in post #7).

Thank you for providing the mbst-grab-results.zip. Please do the following:

• Right-click the Malwarebytes icon in the notification area (next to the clock) and click Quit Malwarebytes.
  • Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard at the same time.
  • Type services.msc and click OK.
  • Scroll through the list of services until you reach Malwarebytes Service. Right-click Malwarebytes Service and click Properties.
  • Set the Startup type to Automatic (Delayed Start).
  • Click OK and close the Services window.

Once done, please restart the computer (Start button > arrow next to Shut down > Restart). After the restart, please try to open Malwarebytes. Let me know how you get on. If you still encounter an issue, please let me know how you're attempting to launch Malwarebytes.

When MB won't run, the Icon is not in the notification area. I will set up the delayed start and report. I wouldn't have run the fix until I understood what was broken. I will have a look through each line of the fixlist file manually though. There likely are app remnants and registry entries that should be removed. 

Thanks