Windows 7 freezes with malwarbytes protection on

Hi,

A happy new year to all. Sorry for this long message. My computer (win 7 pro) freezes when malwarebytes real time protection is running. i have the premium version and for antivirus i have MS security essentials running. Basically mouse, keyboard dont respond shortly after reboot and have to hold power button to reboot. If i dont have MB real time (or dynamically) running, it works fine. If i run windows in safe mode including with networking it does not freeze (and thats how i am typing right now on this forum).

I have tried running the MB support software and under advanced, ran the clean function to delete MB, then rebooted and it installed the MB software on reboot by downloading. PC froze about 10 mins later. If I run the clean function, and i manually download and install MB from your site and then reboot it still freezes. If i dont install MB after clean function, it does not freeze. It also does not freeze in safe mode.

So what should I do? I have attached most recent MB support grab zip file (under windows safe prompt) Thank you.

[ The following is some pertinent history that led me to posting and it may or may not have anything to do with the issue. So skip it but wanted to mention...

As a background a month ago (approx) noted freezes on my win 7 pc, which had been pretty stable for the prior 6-7 years. I had then malwarebytes (premium) and avira running. At that time i thought it was a windows update that caused it so i restored to older version without much benefit. Then i thought it was an Avira issue and deleted it (had to manually do it under safe prompt) and deactivated Malwarebytes real time protection before installing microsoft security essentials (was pondering whether avast would have similar problems so didnt want to install it). Reactivated MB real time protection (honestly dont remember if i did reinstall MB or not since at that time i didnt think it had anything to do with freezes). Things were fine for three weeks.

A few days back i updated a VPN but it wouldnt go through and the support (torguard vpn) recommended uninstalling malwarebytes (since they believe that creates an issue), and reinstalling the vpn and then when confirmed that it worked, reinstall Malwarebytes. This is what i did, but since then i have had repeated freezing of the win 7 pc sometimes withing minutes of starting windows.  On googling realized that some have reported freezes with MB which i never previously search for!!

That led me to the above course. ]

Thank you.

mbst-grab-results.zip

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the Malwarebytes 3 Help forum.

If you are having technical issues with our Windows product, please do the following: 

Spoiler

If you haven’t already done so, please run the Malwarebytes Support Tool and then attach the logs in your next reply:

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

1. Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
  2. Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
  3. Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
    • You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
  4. Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
  5. You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
  6. Click the Advanced tab
    Repair menu_arrows.png

7. Click the Gather Logs button
    Advanced_arrows.png

8. A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer
    Advanced Gather Logs_arrows.png

9. Upon completion, click a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK
    Advanced Gather Logs completed_arrows.png

10. Please attach the file in your next reply. Before submitting your reply, be sure to enable "Notify me of replies" like so:
     notify me.jpeg  

Click "Reveal Hidden Contents" below for details on how to attach a file:

Spoiler

To save attachments, please click the link as shown below. You can click and drag the files to this bar or you can click the choose files, then browse to where your files are located, select them and click the Open button.

mb_attach.jpg.220985d559e943927cbe3c078b

One of our experts will be able to assist you shortly.

If you are having licensing issues, please do the following: 

Spoiler

For any of these issues:

• Renewals
  • Refunds (including double billing)
  • Cancellations
  • Update Billing Info
  • Multiple Transactions
  • Consumer Purchases
  • Transaction Receipt

Please contact our support team at https://support.malwarebytes.com/community/consumer/pages/contact-us to get help

If you need help looking up your license details, please head here: https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-1264 

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

that is the newest one according to their website. I however am not going to use it. I spent to much time already. It could be any combinations of drivers windows updates who knows what triggered this. It is just awfully funny after using this great program for years that it happens after a windows update 2 times to me now. Either one works or the other does not. There were a lot of updates in December and to go through each one would be very time consuming. I hope they figure out whats going on here.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We're working hard towards finding a solution for this issue.

It'd be very helpful if the following instructions could be carried out on machines exhibiting the freeze/lock up. This will provide data on the state of the processes running up until the system freeze and help us track down the source of the issue.

• Please download PSList.zip using the link below.
    https://malwarebytes.box.com/shared/static/jrbrzr4rpbu4rlstl4abq0ghglg24hov.zip
  • Open your Downloads folder. Right-click 3YDDDvL.png PSList.zip and click Extract All.... Ensure Show extracted files when complete is checked and click Extract.
  • A folder will open. Open the PSList folder inside. Right-click CX41PDv.png PSList64.bat (use PSList.bat if you are running 32-bit Windows) and click AVOiBNU.jpg Run as administrator.
  • Note: If you are prompted by Windows SmartScreen, click More info followed by Run anyway.
  • A black console window will appear. Each second, a new text file will be written to the extracted PSList folder. 
  • Please leave the console window open and wait for the machine to freeze/lock up.
  • Once the machine has locked up, force a restart.
  • After the machine has restarted, right-click the extracted PSList folder and click Send to followed by Compressed (Zipped) folder.
  • Name the Zip file PSList-Output. Please attach PSList-Output.zip to a forum post.