Baldape

Finacenews email phishing scam.

I'm not sure if I'm putting this the right place but anyway here I go.

Yesterday I got a scam email from finacenews dot org I viewed it but I didn't open it/view the remote content (or click on any of the links)  in Mozilla Thunderbird also TB was sandboxed so I shouldn't have to worry about an infection not mention I'm a Linux user viewing this email from a non-admin account. But I just wanted to report this phishing scam. Here a screenshot of it:

email phishing thunderbird.png

Posted (edited)

Sorry, screenshots have little value.  To determine what this is requires the email in raw format ( full header and body ).  Otherwise it is just another leaf on a Fall's day.

If you want to deal with this, we can move this thread to;  Newest IP or URL Threats  where you can take the raw format email, place it it a ZIP file an attach it for analysis.

Edited by David H. Lipman

13 minutes ago, David H. Lipman said:

Sorry, screenshots have little value.  To determine what this is requires the email in raw format ( full header and body ).  Otherwise it is just another leaf on a Fall's day.

If you want to deal with this, we can move this thread to;  Newest IP or URL Threats  where you can take the raw format email, place it it a ZIP file an attach it for analysis.

No thanks I don't want to give out my email address or full name.

If you wish to report it privately so that your email isn't posted on a public forum you may submit it to Malwarebytes Support directly via the form found on this page.  They'll get it directly to the Research team so that you don't have to worry about anyone getting your email address who shouldn't have it.