question about adwcleaner removal

amarty01

so yesterday, i detected a pup.adware.heuristic that i believed to be a false positive, anyways i went ahead and removed it and made a forum post on here about it. earlier today, however, i looked inside the quarantine area and there was 1 pup.adware.heuristic. so my question is, when you do a clean and removal using the default scan option do all the detected threats go into quarantine, where you must go and remove them for good? or does it do that automatically, and if so, should i be concerned that i found a file in the quarantine that i didn't know about? 

Thanks!   

• Staff

***This is an automated reply***

Hi,

Thanks for posting in the AdwCleaner Help forum.

Someone will reply shortly, but in the meantime here are a few resources which may help resolve your issue:

Thanks in advance for your patience.

-The Malwarebytes Forum Team

• Staff

Hello,

Yes, detected threats selected for removal are automatically moved into Quarantine. Elements from the Quarantine are never deleted for good except when you uninstall AdwCleaner using the button in Settings > Uninstall AdwCleaner.

This mechanism allows you to restore any element you want at any point in time if you face an issue.