sorrowofwind

Does the newest Malwarebytes have conflicts with Bitdefender stop internet?

Hi, I think this happens about 3 or 4 days ago.

I get Malwarebytes premimum and bitdefender free version I think.

There were no conflicts before but about 3 or 4 days ago my pc could have internet connected but after a few minutes the internet malfuctions at TLS connection part.

I tried netsh winsock reset, netsh int ipv4 reset, replugging the router, connecting to internet service provider and none works.

Now I turn off Malwarebytes defender web protection but have everything else remain on and haven't met any problems yet.

Is this a confclit caused by a new update (if there is one)?

Hello @sorrowofwind and :welcome:

You may have noticed that Malwarebytes forum management has moved your topic to a more appropriate sub-forum.

So that a more thorough analysis can begin, please follow the procedures within Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps.

Then, please attach the archived zip file (mbst-grab-results.zip) within your next reply here.

Thank you.

Cant help you directly but I can say I have used both BD total security and presently BD antivirus plus 2019(both paid versions)and I can tell you never one issue with BD and MBAM3. 

Edited by daman1

7 hours ago, loveha said:

Hi, looong time user here (have one of those never expiring keys). I'm having the exact same issue. Also using Malwarebytes along with Bitdefender and started experiencing random internet drops on my PC about the same 3-4 day time frame. Yesterday I decided to just close out of Malwarebytes after I lost connection and discovered I would have connectivity back. Now I know it is exactly Web Protection from the OP so I will go ahead and disable that for now. In case the OP never returns with his log file I have gone ahead and included mine.

mbst-grab-results.zip

I tried to reply yesterday but failed several times because my post got the spam warning.  😕

Hello @sorrowofwind

Let's try setting some exclusions and see if that corrects the issue or not.

Please open Bitdefender and add the following exclusions.

Add the following folders:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes

Add the following files:

• C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mwac.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamchameleon.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\farflt.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbae64.sys

Next, open Malwarebytes > Settings > Exclusion tab

Click Add Exclusion

Select Exclude a file or folder

Add the following folders:

• C:\Program Files\Bitdefender
  • C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender
  • C:\Users\<user account name>\AppData\Roaming\Bitdefender

If needed, please restart the computer and let me know if that corrects the issue or not.

Thank you

Ron

I've only added these to the malwarebytes exclusions (cannot seem to find the thrid folder) and so far it's working without problems.

• C:\Program Files\Bitdefender
  • C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender

You would have to enable "Show hidden files and folders" to see the other folder but if it's working well then go ahead and leave it as it is and keep an eye on it and if it does act up again let me know and I'll help you with the other folder settings.

Thanks @sorrowofwind

Ron