Jump to content
Guy947

MAC Phishing Protection?

Recommended Posts

What does Malwarebytes for Mac do, if anything, to protect against phishing? As we all know, that is the main threat vector and I want to put something on my mother's Macbook to protect her against some of the more clever phishing attempts as she is not very technically inclined.

I didn't see anything on the product page that specifically referenced phishing protection...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Malwarebytes for Mac does not monitor e-mail, but if your mother uses either Firefox or Google Chrome browsers to access her e-mail, there are Malwarebytes Extensions that will detect and block access to known phishing sites as shown below.

1695093962_ScreenShot2018-12-21at10_09_49AM.png.da24b390b6f1359b51320742281f48e3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

Malwarebytes for Mac does not monitor e-mail, but if your mother uses either Firefox or Google Chrome browsers to access her e-mail, there are Malwarebytes Extensions that will detect and block access to known phishing sites as shown below.

1695093962_ScreenShot2018-12-21at10_09_49AM.png.da24b390b6f1359b51320742281f48e3.png

Thanks for the response. How odd that there isn't a similar extension for Safari...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guy947 said:

How odd that there isn't a similar extension for Safari...

I know they said that they are working on one, but Apple is a lot stricter about extensions, so I suspect they are still having problems with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Safari extensions, moving forward on Mojave and beyond, are very different from Chrome and Firefox extensions, so it's not just a simple matter of porting the code at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 5:38 AM, treed said:

Safari extensions, moving forward on Mojave and beyond, are very different from Chrome and Firefox extensions, so it's not just a simple matter of porting the code at this point.

Is there a timeline on when we may see an extension released for this on Safari?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 400IM said:

Is there a timeline on when we may see an extension released for this on Safari?

Malwarebytes has a policy of not making public comments with regard to such things. Here's another related posting (last paragraph) that you might be interested in: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.