What does Malwarebytes for Mac do, if anything, to protect against phishing? As we all know, that is the main threat vector and I want to put something on my mother's Macbook to protect her against some of the more clever phishing attempts as she is not very technically inclined.

I didn't see anything on the product page that specifically referenced phishing protection...

Malwarebytes for Mac does not monitor e-mail, but if your mother uses either Firefox or Google Chrome browsers to access her e-mail, there are Malwarebytes Extensions that will detect and block access to known phishing sites as shown below.

1695093962_ScreenShot2018-12-21at10_09_49AM.png.da24b390b6f1359b51320742281f48e3.png

5 minutes ago, alvarnell said:

Malwarebytes for Mac does not monitor e-mail, but if your mother uses either Firefox or Google Chrome browsers to access her e-mail, there are Malwarebytes Extensions that will detect and block access to known phishing sites as shown below.

1695093962_ScreenShot2018-12-21at10_09_49AM.png.da24b390b6f1359b51320742281f48e3.png

Thanks for the response. How odd that there isn't a similar extension for Safari...

1 minute ago, Guy947 said:

How odd that there isn't a similar extension for Safari...

I know they said that they are working on one, but Apple is a lot stricter about extensions, so I suspect they are still having problems with it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 5:38 AM, treed said:

Safari extensions, moving forward on Mojave and beyond, are very different from Chrome and Firefox extensions, so it's not just a simple matter of porting the code at this point.

Is there a timeline on when we may see an extension released for this on Safari?

5 hours ago, 400IM said:

Is there a timeline on when we may see an extension released for this on Safari?

Malwarebytes has a policy of not making public comments with regard to such things. Here's another related posting (last paragraph) that you might be interested in: