Much Adware and other problems

Hello  and
:welcome:

Please take your time.

Please run the following steps and post back the logs as an attachment when ready.

STEP 01

If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
    If you don't have Malwarebytes 3 installed yet please download it from here https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and install it.
    Once installed then open Malwarebytes and check for updates. Then click on the Scan tab and select Threat Scan and click on Start Scan button.
    Once the scan is completed click on the Export Summary button and save the file as a Text file to your desktop or other location you can find, and attach that log on your next reply.
    If Malwarebytes won't run then please skip to the next step and let me know on your next reply.

STEP 02

Please download AdwCleaner https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/adwcleaner by Malwarebytes and save the file to your Desktop.

Right-click on the program and select Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    Accept the Terms of use.
    Wait until the database is updated.
    Click Scan Now.
    When finished, please click Clean & Repair.
    Your PC should reboot now if any items were found.
    After reboot, a log file will be opened. Copy its content into your next reply.

4 hours ago, LDTate said:

If you're already running Malwarebytes 3 then open Malwarebytes and check for updates.

Hello Larry and thank you for helping..
Not sure if Ron has told you that my normal onsite name is noknojon (John) and I was a Hon Member with about 600 posts.
I have "Quarantined" about 20 items in Malwarebytes current version, so I still need to run AdwCleaner .

You can have these results shortly..

I hit several sites that showed they were loaded with adware, but I did not remove them for a day, as I was looking for a specific item.

Then my login and password (for here mainly) were constantly rejected and I needed to create a new name (added 2 letters to the start).
Most other logins (eg. Bleeping Comp, and several others) remain the same but this was the most serious as it took several days to create this name and new password.

I will delete any items found in Malwarebytes scans and tell you once this has been done if you prefer.
But the idea was to show that latest scan AFTER I had already Quarantined 20 items yesterday..

Thanks.

Lets do this so I have a good look

NOTE: The tools and the information obtained is safe and not harmful to your privacy or your computer, please allow the programs to run if blocked by your system.

Download Malwarebytes Support Tool
https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mbst?src=Forums-Reply

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
        You may be prompted by User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
    Place a checkmark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    You will be presented with a page stating, "Get Started!"
    Click the Advanced tab

Click the Gather Logs button

A progress bar will appear and the program will proceed with getting logs from your computer

Upon completion, a file named mbst-grab-results.zip will be saved to your Desktop. Click OK

Please attach the file in your next reply.

Not sure what you did as this is suppose to be a ZIP file.

Try it again

Once the file is downloaded, open your Downloads folder/location of the downloaded file
    Double-click mb-support-X.X.X.XXXX.exe to run the program
        You may be prompted by the User Account Control (UAC) to allow changes to be made to your computer. Click Yes to consent.
    Place a check-mark next to Accept License Agreement and click Next
    Click the Start Repair button and follow the onscreen instructions.

I have attached A file I need you to download and save it to the same place that you saved the FRST program

Download attached **fixlist.txt** and save it to same location where the FRST tool is located.

NOTE: Both FRST.exe and the fixlist.txt must be in the same location or the fix will not work.
Close all browsers before running.

Double click FRST to run the tool. If the tool warns you the version is outdated, please download and run the updated version.
 •Click the **Fix Button**.

•If you receive a message that a reboot is required, please make sure you allow it to restart normally.

•The tool will complete its run after restart.

When finished, the tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your reply.

Restart the pc and let me know how it's running now.

fixlist.txt

When finished, the tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) in the same location from where it was run. Please attach the Fixlog.txt in your reply.

I am sure that there is a Fixlog.txt, as I was told when your fix finished that there was one one the desktop.. But I must be blind ??

After scanning twice with your Fixlist, rebooting, and getting a message each time, nothing like (Fixlog.txt) exists on the desktop .

Now I have also gone through files and other logs, but there is still nothing to send to you ??

The only problem that is very annoying is the fact that Adobe FlashPlayer needs to be activated "manually" in Google Chrome when I play many games.

exile360 posted a fix for me in the Hon Members area, but I cannot access that area any more.
It worked for a while, but I visited a few small "match 3 games" today (1st time after your fix-list) and needed to activate it manually each time I log onto the games ....

The Flash can be activated by clicking on an Adobe sign, followed by Allow sign. So it must be installed, just not activating..  😒

This is from that topic

With Chrome you'll have to do it every time.  It does not permanently set for a given site.  Upon being set "Allowed", it will only be allowed as long as Chrome is loaded.  In other words, it is a volatile setting.

Darn, you're right.  I could have sworn it retained them.  That's a bummer.  I guess Google is really anti-Flash nowadays with them backing HTML5 and all and trying to get away from third party extensions and add-ons, but this seems excessive to me.

Seems like I have no option except to stay with F/fox as my main browser..
I.E. is always "unstable" and at times not fully responsive (M/soft cr@p) even on a solid Win 8.1 ..

Do I need to wait for Ron to come back after Christmas to try and recover my amount of posts etc, and become a Hon Member again ??
He was aware of the problems that I was having, but it seems like he did not reinstate anything on my account !!

Thanks for your help, and I will just keep scanning with Mbytes, ADWCleaner and I may throw a free online A/Virus scan next week..

If you think all looks OK now, will I remove logs and FRST now ??